Anyone using the bulletpoint Rubigrid mount ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyT

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone was using this mount on 3rd Gen Expedition ? If so, how about any links to pics or video.

Thank you
KT

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone was using this mount on 3rd Gen Expedition ? If so, how about any links to pics or video.

Thank you
KT
Yeah, using it right now. Freaking love it. Super easy to install. Hardest part were getting the trim pieces on the dash off and fitting my fat fingers in the tight space under the dash to hold the nuts/bolts.

There's another thread here that talked about it and is what convinced me to bite the bullet.

OP
OP
K

KennyT

Reaction score
@DeafBringer What model expedition as I believe my 2014 the trim pieces are made into the dash ? Have any pictures ?

Thank you for the reply.
KT

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
If it’s just for your phone and not other devices, I’ve been using proclip’s mount system on the expedition plus some other cars and couldn’t be happier, super sturdy and with the MagSafe/magnetic mount it’s very convenient. No cutting, drilling or holes required.

proclipusa.com

OP
OP
K

KennyT

Reaction score
I use those also, but thinking about ham radio etc and that would provide a stable mount for them.
Thank you
KT

MpiersD

Reaction score
Just got a Rubigrid in the mail yesterday and then saw this thread.
I'll be trying to get it installed this Sunday.

MpiersD

Reaction score
Install didn't happen until this past weekend, 25 Feb, but it went in fairly easily despite not being able to fit my drill above the dash to drill out the holes for the hardware. Mini driver and a self tapping wood screw worked just fine to make the holes with a little finishing needed to bring them up to proper size.