Anyone using wireless charging? Anyone relocate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlespsu

Reaction score
I hate where the wireless charging is located. Anyone actually use it?
Thinking of modding something like the tahoe's have in the center console lid.
Anyone try?

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use it pretty often. I guess you could extend the wiring and move it into the center console or glove box. You could even add an aftermarket type as well and put it anywhere. When I first got my truck, the rubber insert below the charging pad was missing so nothing was there to keep the phone from sliding down. After I got that, it’s had no problems holding the phone in place but agree it’s a big of an awkward spot.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use it only when I have to. I’m thinking of getting a magnetic dash/vent mount with charging (iPhone). Personally, I think relocation is more trouble than it’s worth.

sp777

Reaction score
I’m also missing the rubber part but seems of limited use since I want CarPlay on at all times.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m also missing the rubber part but seems of limited use since I want CarPlay on at all times.
Yes, that is one of the issues with the poorly designed location of the charging pad. It's next to impossible to have your phone on the charger and also plugged into USB to use CP or AA.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2023 and the wireless charging is useless.
I installed an app called Ampere to monitor charge/discharge.
I have a Pixel 7a and an Otterbox Commuter case.
When I put my phone on (29% charge), the display on the truck shows the battery charging icon, but Ampere shows "Not charging" and a negative current flow. With or without the case on the phone.
Trash.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was on the arm rest it would be uncomfortable. If it was on the console it would look terrible. its the best place possible right now. Put the phone in and close it. I have zero issues with it.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'22 platinum w/wireless CarPlay. First thing I do before driving off is put the phone on the pad — CarPlay starts and the phone charges. If I make a quick stop and don't want to take the phone with, I just slide the cover closed and phone is hidden.
Perfect.