Are the chrome rings around air vents removable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to Plasti Dip the wood grain and and chrome parts in my interior. Also, how would I dip the door handles?

Rather than taking things out, personally I would just tape off the area around each vent using blue painters tape and spray it that way. I know it's kind of a risky preposition to spray inside the vehicle, but plasti-dip will always come off if it gets on something it is not supposed to be on.

I have had multiple times where I got lazy and just sprayed my mirror caps without taping off the exterior paint. The excess plasti-dip has rubbed off the paint every time without harm. However if those vents went on, they can come off. I just imagine those things break easily. Maybe try youtube for someone removing the dash assembly, I bet those come off as part of the process.

Just be sure to tape up anything sensitive such as digital screens, instrument clusters, etc. No idea what comes in the 3rd gens so I am just throwing it out there.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they're like the Mustangs they should slide out with a good tug.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very interesting. I may have to pull mine off and pain them black or a flat silver. I am constantly being blinded by the chrome (errr..shiny plastic) that they used in these.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was thinking the same thing as montecarlo. It is my wife's ride now, but still irritates me when we go on road trips. They appear to reflect perfectly in the windshield for some reason. Not sure if wifey is gonna let me learn how to plastidip in her ride though. May have to practice some first