Audiovox Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmathews

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I bought a audiovox remote start to install in my expedition. I got the main 6pin wiring harness to the ignition wiring harness. There are a ton of wire that come from the control box, most of which are safety shutoffs and what not. Im trying to wire the 10 pin harness in right now and I have to hook the white wire to the positive on the light switch harness, Im not sure which on is the positive parking light wire. From what I found it is the brown wire but im not sure. Has anyone ever tried hooking one of these remote starts up. I have the PATS bypass. Im not wanting to use all of the features, I just want it to start my car. Any help with the install would be greatly appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sure would be nice to know the year model and engine for your expy
also the model of the audiovox remote

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The manual I found online doesn't state a 10 pin connector but does mention a 12 pin.
Do you have a wiring diagram for the car to follow? And a test light or dmm?

OP
OP
D

dmathews

Reaction score
sorry yes it is a 12 pin and I have been using this diagram. I have a hard time using some of the diagrams online.

http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/FORD EXPEDITION 1997-2006.pdf

I have all the wires hooked up to the ignition wire harness and I have the led mounted along with the remote sensor. Most of the other wires I don't understand what the need is. I just want to use it to start the car and that is it. No other options or door unlocks or anything like that. The only thing I have left to hook up besides all of the random wire is the ground on the 12pin and the tach wire. Do you by chance know if anything else is necessary, I also havnt hook up the 4pin harness either.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't know what else is necessary without studying the diagrams. I will when I get a chance but it will be a while before I can get some quiet time.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are you tying into the harness of the vehicle? I hope your not using those stupid blue vampire clips or butt connectors.

OP
OP
D

dmathews

Reaction score
In the morning I going to hook up the PKFM and wire that to the remote starter and then the tach wire, the parking light wire and then the ground wire from the 12pin. Im hoping that is all I need but idk