Audiovox Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dmathews

Reaction score
I have got most of the remote start hooked up I think. I just tried to program the tach and Im having no luck with that. I have it hooked the the pink/white wire on the COP and I don't think its working. Is there any other place to tap onto the tach wire other than the coil

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tachometer Input Wiring Detail
GREEN/ORANGE Wire: Tach Sensor Input
This wire will continually monitor the engine tach rate while the unit is under power of the Remote Start module.
This wire will be routed to the vehicle ECM tach input or through the firewall into the engine compartment and connect to the negative side of the ignition coil. This Remote Start unit learns the tach rate of the vehicle and in most cases will operate properly from one multi coil pack regardless of the number of cylinders. If the vehicle has a single coil unit for each cylinder, it may be necessary to connect this wire to more than one cylinder for proper tach reference. See multi coil wiring detail shown later in this manual for additional information.

Multi Coil Pack Adapter: (Optional)
The multi coil pack adapter, (P/N 136B1400), is designed for use with vehicles that do not respond to single coil tach programming. Although the tach resolution of this circuit is designed to interface direct with most vehicles, there may be an occasion where the following circuit may be required.
To use the adapter, the Green/Black wires must connect to the negative side of the ignition coil(s).

1. For vehicles utilizing independent coils per cylinder, connect the three Green/Black leads to alternate coils. To achieve optimum performance the coil signals must be evenly distributed. This is accomplished by first mapping out the firing order of the engine in groups of as indicated below. Draw a circle around any of the columns. The Green/Black wires should be connected to the negative (-) terminal of the respective cylinder number which appears in any of the circles.

2. For vehicles utilizing 2 cylinder firing per coil pack, connect Green/Black to the tach side of each coil pack. For 8 cylinder, four coil systems, connect to any of the three coils.

3. Connect the Yellow wire to a +12 volt ignition 1 source. This wire will have +12 volts with the ignition in the on and start position and have 0 volts with the ignition in the off position.

4. Connect the Green wire to the (Green) or (Orange/Green) tach input of the Audiovox remote start unit.

In English that basically says the unit needs input from more than one coil. If it were me, I'd get the multi coil adapter so that it would calculate the rpms on the 8 signals from the cops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dmathews

Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping to get around that. I have read that their are tach signal wires that come from the PCM to the dash that can be taped into but I have searched for a diagram for the PCM or of the tach wire under the dash with no luck. Any idea where I can get PCM pin output diagram.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're dead set on using the tach connection, you can get it at the uncommon wire color on an injector. The common wire is ground. If you do not connect a tach wire, you can set the unit for voltage check which means it'll watch for the voltage to rise from ~12v to 14v.

If you don't have a multimeter or are not using one, I'd suggest quitting now and taking your vehicle to a professional to have them look it over/complete it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712