Auto reverse tilt side mirrors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This post hasn't been touched in quite a while, and I've seen several other posts on other forums, but i'm wondering if any of the super experienced folks on here can answer a simple question. If you go through the proper calibration routine (which seems to be very "up in the air" at the moment), can this vehicle (for me a 2019 platinum) actually have two mirrors that auto tilt down when i put my vehicle in reverse? This is stupid, I paid substantially more for this than I did my 2011 jeep that had fully functioning auto tilt mirrors. It really helped in that vehicle, and would help even more in this. I guess I would have just thought this function was table stakes these days, and unlike lots of folks, I don't stare at the screen all the time, I prefer to actually turn my head and look around my vehicle, and use my mirrors to get as close to curbs as I can.

Anyway, if it actually can be done (keep in mind that I've already used Forscan to enable it) but after my first attempt at calibrating the mirrors, they do the crazy constant popping thing if I use the memory functions ever. Please, if anyone has been able to make this work, please let me know, and by working I mean auto-tilt, not push this button before you backup every time. Or should I just return the DDM/PDM settings back to normal and accept that my $80K list price vehicle doesn't have what my $50K jeep had?

Johhn14

Reaction score
I also came from the Jeep brand and this is the thing I miss most. Hugely helpful when backing into spots or parallel parking and judging distance from the curb. The 360 cam is not a proper substitute.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also came from the Jeep brand and this is the thing I miss most. Hugely helpful when backing into spots or parallel parking and judging distance from the curb. The 360 cam is not a proper substitute.

It's crazy. I've read posts where Ford removed it because it was problematic, how dumb, that's a software issue. The mirrors already have the locations logic built in, hence the memory mirror functions in general.

So frustrating.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with the 360 camera opinion but you can do this if you really want it to tilt in R.

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button you want to setup
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and adjust the mirror where desired
5) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
6) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
7) Hold the memory button again until saved

When in reverse push mirror button to tilt. Push it again to return it to normal position.

Thanks AAOO - worked perfectly!

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am confused. Which mirror button do you push to get them to tilt down?

It is a shame this can't be set to automatic.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So here's a crazy issue, that I'd love some help on. So I originally had both the lincoln fold and reverse tilt settings in place using Forscan, but I never got the reverse tilt to work properly, and after reading this it turns out it won't do what I want anyways. So with that, I removed the reverse tilt settings but left the lincoln style fold. I reprogrammed positions 1 and 2 (me and my wife) and now, every time I select one of them, the mirrors do the crazy move to extreme positions and start popping. No matter what I do.

How do I fix this issue? I've tried turning PDM and DDM back to original settings as well, still no luck. Even stranger, my right and left move buttons are reversed. That is, if I select the left mirror and try to move it outward (in this case, to the left) using the left arrow, it moves right. Up and down directions are fine, but left and right are reversed.

Would really love some ideas here!
Thanks, Jared

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So here's a crazy issue, that I'd love some help on. So I originally had both the lincoln fold and reverse tilt settings in place using Forscan, but I never got the reverse tilt to work properly, and after reading this it turns out it won't do what I want anyways. So with that, I removed the reverse tilt settings but left the lincoln style fold. I reprogrammed positions 1 and 2 (me and my wife) and now, every time I select one of them, the mirrors do the crazy move to extreme positions and start popping. No matter what I do.

How do I fix this issue? I've tried turning PDM and DDM back to original settings as well, still no luck. Even stranger, my right and left move buttons are reversed. That is, if I select the left mirror and try to move it outward (in this case, to the left) using the left arrow, it moves right. Up and down directions are fine, but left and right are reversed.

Would really love some ideas here!
Thanks, Jared

When you say you changed them back to their original settings, did you just change the individual setting or did you reflash the whole PDM and DDM back to the original values that was saved before any modifications?

I didn't have to change any settings in Forscan to get the reverse tilt to work on mine.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I reloaded the original forscan backup files that I saved prior to making any changes, I also confirmed those settings with the factory settings i received from the Ford website. I then changed them so that the lincoln style fold still worked. Before I did that I tested it and it was still messed up.

I did use the settings listed in the Forscan tools (changing the first characters to "F's" to enable the reverse tilt feature, guess I didn't even try it prior to that, but the calibration setup is a pain and to be honest, if you're only going to get one mirror at a time, and it only works if that mirror is selected, then it's kind of a waste. Let me rephrase that, coming from a vehicle bought in 2010, that had a fully functioning reverse tilt function, that is, every time I put it in reverse, both mirrors would tilt, this seems pretty lackluster.

Last edited: