Auto reverse tilt side mirrors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before purchasing my 2018 Platinum I never really looked to see if it had automatic reverse-tilt side mirrors.

I figured something as basic as that would just be standard equipment for a 80+ thousand dollar SUV?!

Am I missing something?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope...its not a popular feature for new autos. I know more vehicles that dnt have that feature than ones that do.

OP
OP
NukeLife

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if there’s a way to program it to do that?
I use that feature extensively to park alongside a curb—as close as possible without causing curb rash.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s what the 360 camera is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I missed that feature when I purchased my Navigator. I find that the 360 degree camera is a good substitute.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All the previous vehicles our family has owned had this feature. 360 camera is a piss poor excuse for omitting a feature that would have taken a few minutes of computer programming to integrate and a checkbox somewhere in the settings.
Can’t see a curb well enough on the small 360 display. If at least the passenger side mirror camera could be selected and zoomed in. Wife got plenty of curb rash parallel parking the Expy in town. MSRP on our trim was $82k. No excuse. Someone at Ford fell asleep during the design stage.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 360 camera does so much more than a tilted mirror could ever do. I use it often even if just checking if my cars parked in the lines or how close I am to the curb at the bank drive thru, etc.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with the 360 camera opinion but you can do this if you really want it to tilt in R.

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button you want to setup
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and adjust the mirror where desired
5) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
6) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
7) Hold the memory button again until saved

When in reverse push mirror button to tilt. Push it again to return it to normal position.

Last edited: