AVS Aeroskin Bug Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never owned a bug deflector, but I'm interested in one. Do they really help?

I see they have several profiles. Which one do you guys use?

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the aeroskin because it blends in. Main reason I got one was to prevent chips in the face of the hood. I already have a few and hope to stop more. We'll see how it holds up.

Pete6114

Reaction score
I have one from Ford ( part of the deal) on my Limited with stealth package. Looks identical to AVS except for the stupid Ford Logo on it. Had to remove the Expedition Letters though to make it sit flush

Reaction score
Newbie here.... I ordered the 'avs 25224' which is the version that adheres to hood with 3m tape and is very low profile (same as journey above). I was nervous about that so returned it and got he AVS 21224 instead. This one uses clips (6 of them I think) that line up nicely with the existing holes under the hood and you have the peace of mind of it being held in place with screws. Several tunnel car washed later, no issues

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine uses the six screws and clips too. I slipped the middle two tabs under the rubber hood seal for a better fit.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was on the fence about it, but I like it so far. I wanted a clear one, but couldn't find one. I think it looks better in real life than the pics. Other folks have different tastes, so I guess that's why they make more than one type.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is charcoal grey I may wrap my grill and put one of those deflectors on, I wonder about putting the expidition lettering on the hood protector. Then I could take it all off if I wanted too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik