Bang & Olufsen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a tahoe rental with bose myself. I wont say the sound is crisper but the bass is way more pronounces to the point of drowning all other sounds. I do like that the bose unit seems to have higher clarity within all the sound ranges where as the b&o blends the sounds together a bit. The bose unit is slightly superior though

I lied, the bose unit is not better. The ford unit has a better fuller sound. The bose has more bass and a tad more dynamic but sound has a more tinny quality to it.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the base stereo is in the 6 speaker set up? I'm imagining from how it sounds that it doesn't have an extra sub or amp anywhere? Where do the sub and amp reside on the B&O system in the Limited and above?

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a big audiophile. Never been a fan of bose. Of any type. B&O should be superior. I just hope the 2020 B&O is at least as good as the Sony system in my 2017 Explorer. That's the best system I've ever heard in a car, and it's OEM. Shocking really.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a big audiophile. Never been a fan of bose. Of any type. B&O should be superior. I just hope the 2020 B&O is at least as good as the Sony system in my 2017 Explorer. That's the best system I've ever heard in a car, and it's OEM. Shocking really.

If the sony system is the same thats in the previous gen edge...its not.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Sony system in the expy was inferior to the sony system in the edge by a large margin and I never understood why. That said, the b&o is def a great system for a mainstream brand.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Satellite radio has the worst quality, besides standard FM. I'd rather listen to HD Radio adverts and DJ's than uninterrupted SAT radio.

Best is using the direct connection USB with a high end streaming service like Spotify or Amazon music. The music sounds decent out of the BO system, but i hate that the system starts to become non-linear when you pass 50-60% volume. It kinda increases volume, but you can hear it's capping peaks in volume, where you don't get a clear sound at all.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anything over 17, the sound gets a bit muddy, however the system is so powerful, you don't need to get that loud. 10 is good volume, 15 is a bit too loud. 13 was the sweet spot for us when we had it, Great volume, fantastic sound quality and clarity.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B&O is Harman. So is Revel. AKG in Cadillac too. Harman Kardon in Chryslers. Mark Levinson in Toyota. JBL is also Harman. They own a lot of brands.

kpieper876

Reaction score
I wish I splurged for the package with the B&O. The standard audio in my 2020 is terrible. There are mid but no rear speakers with the standard.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sirius is highly compressed, so you won't get the best out of the system.

p.s. I'm satisfied with Sirius for the $5/mth we have been paying for the last decade. The handful of times they have failed to offer it when we called, we just canceled and received the same $5 offer a week later. :p