Best Anti-Break-in Alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, high black population or race itself as implied isn’t the cause for higher crime. It is average household income, density, and upbringing that determines crime rates and certain races are more likely to have grown up under poorer circumstances. Just to set the geographical point straight with actual data crime is lower in Rural and Suburban areas. Cities and Metropolitan areas do have more Aggravated Assault, Rape, Murder/Manslaughter, and Property crimes per capita.

https://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ncvrw2016/content/section-6/PDF/2016NCVRW_6_UrbanRural-508.pdf

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, high black population or race itself as implied isn’t the cause for higher crime. It is average household income, density, and upbringing that determines crime rates and certain races are more likely to have grown up under poorer circumstances. Just to set the geographical point straight with actual data crime is lower in Rural and Suburban areas. Cities and Metropolitan areas do have more Aggravated Assault, Rape, Murder/Manslaughter, and Property crimes per capita.

https://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ncvrw2016/content/section-6/PDF/2016NCVRW_6_UrbanRural-508.pdf

Yet violent crime in urban areas has been declining for decades while violent crime in rural areas as well as opioid addiction has been skyrocketing over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet violent crime in urban areas has been declining for decades while violent crime in rural areas as well as opioid addiction has been skyrocketing over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We put a lot of societal focus and funding into urban crime prevention and improvement since population is denser so it gets a lot of attention....I agree as a society we should give the same attention to rural areas to help improve their crime situation too. Seems a lot of folks get left out of the spotlight and ignored just because they live in rural areas :/

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We put a lot of societal focus and funding into urban crime prevention and improvement since population is denser so it gets a lot of attention....I agree as a society we should give the same attention to rural areas to help improve their crime situation too. Seems a lot of folks get left out of the spotlight and ignored just because they live in rural areas :/

There’s only so much revenue cities can funnel to rural communities. At some point those communities need to hold themselves accountable and operate within their own means.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s only so much revenue cities can funnel to rural communities. At some point those communities need to hold themselves accountable and operate within their own means.

I agree, accountability always matters.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn’t by any chance have bias against rural individuals in primarily red areas would you? Boy would that be ignorant.....People are people and town or city every individual in a state matters the same and contributes to the economy.....a state is a state. It almost seems you don’t believe so and judge more on geography. Same could be said for social programs funded by tax payers. Corporations and wealthier individuals can only funnel so much funds to these programs. One could say those dependent on such programs need accept accountability for their position and learn to be more self sufficient.....What about those who are disabled etc?

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You wouldn’t by any chance have bias against rural individuals in primarily red areas would you? Boy would that be ignorant.....People are people and town or city every individual in a state matters the same and contributes to the economy.....a state is a state. It almost seems you don’t believe so and judge more on geography. Same could be said for social programs funded by tax payers. Corporations and wealthier individuals can only funnel so much funds to these programs. One could say those dependent on such programs need accept accountability for their position and learn to be more self sufficient.....What about those who are disabled etc?

Nope. Just laying out facts.

I’m very glad my tax dollars and charitable donations support poor rural red areas.