Bilstein adjustability once installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
Guys, once the bilstein 5100s are on the truck, how easy is it to change ride height? Do the struts have to be removed and put into a press? Or, can the truck be lifted on a rack and the clips easily moved to different ride-height levels?

The reason I ask is because I have mine currently installed at stock height and want to change in the next few weeks.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Taken out and taken apart. Basically the same amount of effort as replacing a strut.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna have to pull the strut and compress the spring to move the clip. Lots of work to make a change, although I did all 4 of mine on a saturday morning and suspect it would go faster round two. The first front and the first rear were slow, the second of each went much faster.

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
Gonna have to pull the strut and compress the spring to move the clip. Lots of work to make a change, although I did all 4 of mine on a saturday morning and suspect it would go faster round two. The first front and the first rear were slow, the second of each went much faster.
What did you use to compress the spring?

OP
OP
M

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I had a mobile mechanic come to my house and take off and adjust the struts. His press wasnt working correctly so he went to AutoZone and snagged a new one. Not sure what exactly it was but he said basically any autostore sells what is needed.