Black Gorilla Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ever have an issue with the factory lug nuts swelling or the chrome caps being twisted?
This drives me nuts (literally).

I ordered a set of these today for my Gen4 Expedition from summit racing.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-91107xlbc

Gorilla Black chrome acorn bulge lug nut, 14mm × 2.0.

The Gorilla part #s are

91108XLBC - bulk

91108XLBCB - bag

91107XLBC - clamshell package

They will match the FX4 wheel much better than the chrome factory ones, and last much longer.

Before pic

95fded24fb593c005a36e1ea34deccf5.jpge9a79ea18f768c45decb9e06f4e382d7.jpg

@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up buying the wrong thread pitch. Ther correct one is 14mm x 1.50. I'll be returning the Gorilla lugs for the correct ones.

b2b2fe550b991e9c7ad5e88f88387c6e.jpg

@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. That's all I use is a hand wrench at home. The lugs on my Raptor have swollen to the point that I need to use a 22mm socket to remove them. Not only that, but you can feel the cap rotate before it grabs the solid portion below. I ordered solid lugs for the Raptor, and now for the Expedition. Get rid of them before they become an issue.
You must use a hand wrench on the stock nuts. Any impact wrench will suck the stainless overlay off of them.

@Yukon Joe

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See if Venum has your gen's size and pitch... they got solid affordable "wheel lock" products for earlier Ford trucks on Amazon. Muuuch cheaper than gorilla

And they even include a second, impact-grade key. Very nice touch.

PS they're not mad tricky locks, just a special 7-spline socket. Think of it as a freebie deterrent against amateur punks