Blind spot monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tl01

Reaction score
My blind spot monitor is on and functional but I am wondering if there is a way have it make an alert sound when there is a car there and my blinker is on? Both of my other cars beep if it appears you are going to change lanes into a car when the blinker is on.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I’m aware, unfortunately. It’s on if there’s someone in your blind spot and it blinks if you flip on that sides blinker while they’re there. And that’s it.

If someone knows differently, I’d love to know too!

Plati

Reaction score
Sounds like a great feature , wish I had that on my 2014. Blind spots left and right are an issue with interstate driving. Easily managed but also easily messed up if tired and careless.

Don't wanna get too dependent on technology though. In Florida there are the race drivers who weave in and out of lanes going 20 miles faster than traffic and appear out of a blind spot of the cars behind you out of nowhere

If autonomous driving ever takes hold, that will be one safety improvement. To get those idiot human drivers out from behind the wheel

Last edited:

O5111

Reaction score
My truck keeps turning on the Trailer BLIS. I hate it because it will tell me that there is a car in my blindspot when there actually isn't. I turned it off in the dash, but in a couple of days it will be on again.