buying a travel trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSzub67

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking into buying a T/T to replace our old one. most of the ones I'm looking at weigh about 1500 to 2000 lbs more than our old one, weights from 6000 to 8000 lbs.
My expo is rated to 10,000 with a WDH, but seriously, who wants to tow that much weight !
what is the heavist we could pull safely.
THanks

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
whatever you tow make sure you can stop it and make sure your tranny stays cool, then your fine

grandebob

Reaction score
Don't forget to take into account everything you put in the trailer and tow vehicle counts toward your max capacity. You could tow a 10,000 lb trailer, but it better be empty.

If you don't have one all ready, a brake controller is a must on just about any trailer. Mine has saved my life more than once.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does your literature denote as your CGVW (truck, trailer, people, cargo, gas...) I think you'll be pushing the limits, perhaps over? As stated above, it all adds up and being able to safely stop, as well as the increased acceleration and following distance are imperatives--you already know this since you trailer already. Any pics of previous rig, and next buy?