Buying new Expedition... Still paying MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful of that new Jeep Hurricane motor. Its brand new. I'm sure it has potential, but you hate to be their tester......

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
Escalade/Sequoia were my top choice, but agreed the 2nd/3rd row situtation is so much better in the Expy (+ no middle headrest on GM)... and sequoias actually had a dealer mark-up added on.

If I had to do it over again, I'd definitely still get an Expy but lease instead.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sequoia has awful luggage capacity and 3rd row room. The 3rd row does not fold flat and it not removable. Toyota really screwed up the Sequoia (this from a former Sequoia owner).

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to you, I'm looking at the Jeep Wagoneer too. :hahano: The interior definitely lags behind Ford, and some of the tech is behind Ford as well, but that fuel economy is really good on the Series II. Also with the off road package, it seems it would perform just slightly better than the Ford Platinum. Definitely cheaper as well.

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Test drove the Wagoneer Series II and sat in a Series III (to be clear, Wagoneer NOT Grand Wagoneer). Prices were mid $70s and about $90k for the series II/III, respectively. Liked it more than I thought I would (interior is a lot more soft-touch, stitched materials vs. my limited). However there is some odd de-contenting vs. the Grand Wagoneer that will keep me from moving forward. No power folding mirrors! Crazy. Even on the $90k Series III. Also smallish screens vs. the 15.5". Sounds dumb to be hung up on power fold mirrors, but we use them literally every time we park with a vehicle this size.

Appreciate the feedback on the platinum max purchase for $8k off MSRP.... anyone else have recent experience to share? Was there anything special about that truck (RWD, etc) that helped make that deal achievable? I'd buy a platinum tomorrow for $8k off MSRP....