Can we talk HD Tow one more time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knut

Reaction score
I have 1796 lbs of payload on my Max XLT.
The only one I've seen post a higher payload was one with 1798 lbs, also and XLT.
So if you found a Limited with 1725 lbs, I would guess that is about as high as you will ever see.

Knut

Reaction score
Inched you out, I have 1874 payload. 2021 Expy Max XLT.
Nice.
I bought mine in 2019 and literary called every dealer who had a Max with HD towpackage.
Most of them couldn't figure out how to find the payload, I had to tell them where to look.
I could need another 100lbs; however, I found to my surprise that it was the aft axle weight restriction which
was the most restrictive limit, last year....

Knut

Reaction score
I'm guessing you have the 2+2+3 seating?
Mine is 2+3+3, bench in 2nd and 3rd row, with electric folding seats.

Dworth

Reaction score
I'm guessing you have the 2+2+3 seating?
Mine is 2+3+3, bench in 2nd and 3rd row, with electric folding seats.
I know what you mean on payload. Had the same problem. Sales folks are not even educated on payload. Coming from an F150 STX FX4 4x4 6.5 SuperCrew, I was surprised on the payload of my Expy. It actually had 50lbs more which I am still shaking my head.
My Expy is actually 2+3+3 as well.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did we feed someone bad information in here when they looked at their sticker? Far as I can tell, this unit is near 10k dry and 1300 tongue weight. View attachment 69294

I don't think anyone here would've recommended pulling something that heavy. Seems like the RV dealer didn't provide advise the customer appropriately.