Can't get into my 2003 Expy Glove box (broken handle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MavrickMA

Reaction score
The idiots at Circuit City tried to open my glove box when it was locked and broke the handle. I'm planning on giving them a piece of my mind and making them fix it, but I can't get down there till the weekend. In the mean time, I need to get into my glove box. How do you get the glove box open/off when the handle has been broken?

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by MavrickMA
The idiots at Circuit City tried to open my glove box when it was locked and broke the handle. I'm planning on giving them a piece of my mind and making them fix it, but I can't get down there till the weekend. In the mean time, I need to get into my glove box. How do you get the glove box open/off when the handle has been broken?

When they broke the handle are there any screws showing?

OP
OP
M

MavrickMA

Reaction score
Nope, no screws showing. It looks like the proper way to take the glove box out is to open it, then remove the screws from the inside. Wish I could do that....

I'm not sure a crow bar would work. I spent almost 45 minutes trying to "break into" my own glove box and couldn't do it. I've got to say that Ford glove boxes are the most secure location I've ever seen. I pried with screw drivers, my hands, even a mag light and couldn't get it to pop. I may end up having to just take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cannot remember how the latch is on the inside.. i cant run out to the truck since im working but i will check it when i get home and post back...

If you do take it to the dealer to have it fixed, save all of your receipts/invoices as you will have to fax them to Circuit City Corporate office to get reimbursed.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry about the crow bar joke. I'd take it to your local dealer and have them fix it. Your probably not the first one it has happened to. Be sure to save the recipts like lakmflx said to do. Then rip the idiots at circuit city a new one when you see them.