Can't seem to pop the cap on my shifter Lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So this past weekend I decided I was going to go ahead and take a look at my Overdrive switch in the handle of the shifter lever. The button is permanently depressed and there's no light on so something is up. Between the cap and the shifter there is a small lip so I figured I could stick a flat head in there and pop the cap off.

Thing wouldn't budge.

So before I unleashed some almighty retard strength on this little plastic cap, likely breaking the cap and the top part of the shifter in the process, I thought I would ask for your guys' input on removing the cap so I can get a look at the overdrive switch without jacking up my shifter. As always any help is appreciated and in particular your patience with this one as this seems like a stupid easy thing to do.

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a: Ryu is here just because I felt like it.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is held on by one on each side lip prongs. It will come off, the problem once you get it off is it will continue to come off everytime you pull on the shifter to change gears. What I would do is spray some wd40 in the push button area and or take a eyeglass screwdriver and clean out inbetween the buttona nd button ring and that should allow it to pop back out. But WD40 and a little playing with it should fix it.