Car alarm goes off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all. If we lock our expo, but our dog stays in....the car alarm goes off. Does anyone know what is causing this or is there an easy fix?
You don't have to answer this but, are you aware that locking a pet in a vehicle even for a short time is illegal in more than 25 states including Wisconsin?

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't have to answer this but, are you aware that locking a pet in a vehicle even for a short time is illegal in more than 25 states including Wisconsin?

True, but it's illegal when done under dangerous conditions- such as extreme heat or cold. There are a lot of times when it's ok.

OP
OP
F

Freedomexpo

Reaction score
Driving 26 in a 25 mph zone is too. I think my dog will survive when I go in for 40 seconds to pay for my gas. But honestly, thank you for pointing that out. I have never, EVER heard of a cop writing out a ticket for that.

Grizguy

Reaction score
My 18 .. Not impressed with the fob or electronics.. The fob bigger than some cell phones.. WHY!? Always bumping the alarm button while it is in my pocket.. It will not permit you to lock it in the car. EVERY TIME I start.. need to push the auto stop I am 100% sure replacing the starter will cost more than the gas it is to save. Also have to reset to ECO mode.. That actually saves gas. A child's cheap toy will actually remember your last settings.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 18 .. Not impressed with the fob or electronics.. The fob bigger than some cell phones.. WHY!? Always bumping the alarm button while it is in my pocket.. It will not permit you to lock it in the car. EVERY TIME I start.. need to push the auto stop I am 100% sure replacing the starter will cost more than the gas it is to save. Also have to reset to ECO mode.. That actually saves gas. A child's cheap toy will actually remember your last settings.

Both the AS/S and the drive mode reset to the default for gas mileage reasons. Ford achieved the Expi’s certified mpg rating with those systems engaged, so the vehicle has to default to them for Ford to get credit for that mpg.

It’s not that Ford CANT do it differently, it’s because they’ve chosen not to. Which is proved by the fact that both of those issues can be “fixed” with a simple software tweak using Forscan.