cargo area measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It IS a double BOB! It sometimes lives in the front room but my Expi serves as its trailer. We started potty training my youngest this week so the portable toilet will be a mainstay for a while...bet you didn’t know these vehicles came with on-board facilities, ha!
I’m about 6 months ahead of you on the potty training with my oldest but my youngest is about to start so you and I are in the same boat. The BOB lives in my Navigator along with two Osprey child carrying backpacks. We didn’t get the max so the rear is pretty near capacity most of the time. I don’t think the regular length looks neutered and I like having the short model when it comes to turning around on a forest service road or tight campsites.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Regular length Limited. Kids are long gone and don't need the Long version. Don't even need the 2 and 3 row, but i do need it's space for tools and stuff frequently and dont want to cause damage to anything.

wood.jpg

OP
OP
S

shingles

Reaction score
Following back up on this: we ended up with a 2018 Limited SWB.
The main reason for the measurement was to try and get a feel for how big the interior is relative to our 2012 Honda Pilot. The Pilot has worked well for us but with our first one coming, we were looking for something larger. Under other circumstances, there would be no need for a larger vehicle, but we travel fairly often with 3 adults (myself, wife, and my dad) plus the dogs (two big pits plus a smaller one). Between the dogs, people, and the inevitable bags and strollers, etc... Over Christmas, we really felt the squeeze. We went to the in-laws and drove back with gifts, which to me represented what it'd be like to have the strollers, etc... we thought we'd want something larger for sure.

At the end of the day, not being able to comfortably fit the Max in the garage was a consideration. But the measurements really did help and we ended up with a 2018 Limited 4X4.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The regular is fine for one kid or two with local grandparent thats with you a bunch. That was our gig for 8yrs. Bench second row for sure. Both kids and grandparent rode 2nd row. Rarely used 3rd row except when hauling more than 5.

Now I use 3rd row 2-4 times a week hauling kids to sports pending the parent shared shuttle plan.