CarPlay and iPhone 12 Pro Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rental 740i? Holy nice rental. I thought getting something like a yukon, expy, or ram was cool when I traveled for work. Pretty sweet.

The nicest I’ve had ever in nearly 20 years of travel. Previously the nicest I had were Infiniti’s out in Salt Lake City. This past week was Boston. I’ve traveled pretty much every week since July (4 flights/week) so I’ve been complimentary upgraded to First for a while, this week was the first time I was upgraded to a genuinely nice car. I’ll take it!

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same issue here, i have the 12 promax, but it's been happening with my 11 Promax previously and even my company iphone too. the sync 3.4 *** is so glitchy. i ranges from instant connect to about 5 mins or so. it even told me my cord is damaged, i even tried different OEM apple cords as a test, the same issue. it happens with both USB ports also.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
same issue here, i have the 12 promax, but it's been happening with my 11 Promax previously and even my company iphone too. the sync 3.4 *** is so glitchy. i ranges from instant connect to about 5 mins or so. it even told me my cord is damaged, i even tried different OEM apple cords as a test, the same issue. it happens with both USB ports also.

Which version of 3.4 are you on? There have definitely been some glitchy revisions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
N

nobrainer

Reaction score
Thanks all! I asked the dealer to take a look at it while they repaired my sunroof a 2nd time, I’ve driven the vehicle on 3 separate days since then and every time it’s worked. They said they updated sync, but I don’t recall the version that was there previously so I can’t confirm.

If it starts to get funky again I will try the reset and/or sync 3.4.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 3 month old 2020 platinum and a week old 12 pro max and all seems to work ok.

I am using the apple supplied usb-c to apple proprietary connector to the 12 pro max.

Last edited:

Deep8174

Reaction score
Hello. Have you tried a different wire? Both USB-A and USB-C works for my iPhone 12

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My phone issue fixed itself today. Calls worked perfectly. I didn’t do anything to reset expy, or any new updates for iPhone.

APW411

Reaction score
Had that issue the first day after driving my 2020 off the lot (with my iPhone 12.) Did the reset and all has been well since!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze