CCD makes ride more comfortable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aquineas

Reaction score
I haven't driven anything but the CCD version, but I definitely want to echo the mild porpoising in some scenarios (particularly over the undulating concrete that is not uncommon on some Houston area roads). I actually thought it might be a deal-breaker at one point but over a long-trip I barely noticed it. My wife (her car) doesn't seem to notice it at all.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive read the bounce/porpoising in some reviews of the ride. On nav reviews they add that the ride can be harsh at times eith the ccd, but i have not seen this critiqur on expy reviews. As far as the base suspension, the bobbing on pavement isnt a thing, but it cam get choppy on rippled pavement. Two extremes with each suspension i see.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got a few Navi's on here, maybe they can comment...

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Navi but I haven’t driven any of the non-ccd versions. All I can say is my ride is amazing, easily the best riding vehicle I’ve ever owned but I came from a 13 year old Subaru that rode like a penny father bike into a Navigator so I am not a good person to weigh in on this.

pwsiiiesq

Reaction score
I came from a 12 4Runner then 15 Tahoe with magnetic ride / then a 17 Tahoe without magnetic / then 1500 miles on loan 18 Tahoe z71 now a 18 limited expedition with ccd - this ride is the best - you just have to know a few conditions and adjust it - but 90 percent normal or eco are amazing - need to go to sport for certain terrain

I test drive the LX570 Lexus - just as good but 30k more - Infiniti was crap

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CCD makes a big difference. I wish I could toggle a setting to choose sport or comfort without changing the engine and transmission dynamics too. I love my f150 but hate it how it rides over expansion joints. My platinum max is smooth all the time.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the cdd, but would like to have the sport ride with the normal transmission shifts.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the cdd, but would like to have the sport ride with the normal transmission shifts.
I completely agree. I’ve used the excite mode a few times on the road and it’s wonderful if you are going hard on acceleration and braking or if you are on forest service roads but regular driving it’s not very fun. There are times I’d like a stiffer suspension and less aggressive shifting and also times I’d like softer suspension and better shifting for the forest service roads.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely suggest test driving with and without. I decided to get CCD after test driving. I drove both versions over a railroad crossing and down a partially paved road. The difference between to two suspensions immediately sold me on the CCD. If you intend to keep your truck for many years/miles, I believe the CCD will extend the useful life of the suspension components and keep the truck “tight” over miles of use.
Lastly, I recently towed my boat. Setting tow mode, I believe the suspension tightened up which benefitted my towing experience.