CCD OR NOT????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They do not have sport suspension. Only the spp has sport suspension.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They do not have sport suspension. Only the spp has sport suspension.

From what I read here, if a vehicle has sport suspension, the CCD becomes a must-have. Otherwise, no one will feel comfortable on road.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 18 expy had the reg suspension no ccd on 20s. I liked the ride, but it was still a bit too firm. I couldn't imagine it with 22s. To see ppl here buying this or any fs truck or suv with 22s without any type of active damper blows my mind. Even more so if they complain about it.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 18 expy had the reg suspension no ccd on 20s. I liked the ride, but it was still a bit too firm. I couldn't imagine it with 22s. To see ppl here buying this or any fs truck or suv with 22s without any type of active damper blows my mind. Even more so if they complain about it.

My personal experience is, the comfortness for regular suspension vehicle is highly related to tire pressure. Whenever the tire pressure is on or above 42 PSI, I feel the vehicle is over stiff. Lower than that, it's fine and smooth.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tbh, tire pressure helps but not all the time. When I daily drive, I notice things a bit more. Also, when I daily drive it, I can feel the ride get more brittle the more I drive. Mines has been sitting on about 36psi for a while now and the ride still fluctuate greatly. This is my biggest issue with the ride really. Most trips, the ride is exemplary, but there some trips where the ride will deteriorate to a shopping cart. If I let it sit for a few days however, the rides as smooth as glass unless I drive for an extended amount of time where it'll start to get rough. This was for both the expy and the nav.

Last edited:

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
for 2022+ both 303A and 304A have "Sport-Tuned Suspension".
View attachment 80099
what about 302-A on the "regular" Limited. they should've just made the stealth a different trim all together to make this stuff easier.

i have a list of part numbers but no idea what they belong to or which vehicle

my thought would be to put a 302 shock on the stealth truck in the rear. im guessing it rides softer

stockfritz2019

Reaction score
I personally feel that my xlt with bilsteins rode better in every way than my platinum with ccd. I wish I did NOT have CCI have a 2019 MAX Limited. I have 22" Wheels. Does not feel good regular street driving but feels fine on the highway. What bilstein shocks did you use, if you dont mind me asking?