Cell Phone Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I have been using the iOttie Easy Touch (version 1) for years. We like them so much we bought spares. It's a suction cup mount with some very strong (but not permanent) adhesive. The glue holds the windshield for about 2 years in northeastern climates. When it fails (usually some summer day when temps inside my parked truck break 150F), I just clean the old stuff off w/ Goo Gone or De-Solv-It and pop a new unit up there (they go on sale for ~$12 fairly often). You could, however, use a replacement adhesive though also. Some of 3M's stuff never seems to come off.

Stock photo since it's too dark here for a photo atm ...

iottie-car-mount-5nf2.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this one and love it... Works perfect. I installed one in my wife's car too, so if I drive either I can attach my phone and never had a problem.

WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B012EI4J3O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QtEeCb9ZX157Z

WizGear ... lol. These overseas brand names don't translate well at all. There's one out of Thailand called "**** Shop" that makes kids toys, placemats, etc.

Plati

Reaction score
Got this gooseneck off the internet, made a mount out of PVC pipe & Gorilla tape for the cup holder. I can bend the gooseneck to put the phone into a wide range of positions. This is about 20" from my eyes & and I can easily touchscreen, although I don't while driving. I use a Bluetooth speaker so as not to interfere with Sirius radio through vehicle audio.E078EDC5-2CEC-4E6C-BDE1-77076DB5A39C.jpeg
0747E812-8421-4AFE-BE51-051FC4CFC5C4.jpeg

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I use the stick on megnatic mounts, had those two on the car since June last year and still going strong, same set up for my expedition and my wifes car...

(The one on the right in my work van is used to hold my ipad which has never dropped it or slipped off, surprising)

20181213_142447.jpg

20181213_143023.jpg

Cooldog

Reaction score
I have this one and love it... Works perfect. I installed one in my wife's car too, so if I drive either I can attach my phone and never had a problem.

WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B012EI4J3O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QtEeCb9ZX157Z

I use this one. Cut off the corner of the flat plastic mounting plate to match the curve of the air vent, and epoxy it to the dash, just to the left of the radio/hvac panel.

cvbrewer

Reaction score
I toyed with the idea of rigging a cup holder fit, as MrSticker did (nice work sticker), but I ended up gluing up a wood block that friction fits into either of the two small recessed rectangular prisms in the dash.

I had it stick out a bit to get clearance from the knobs or 12v outlets. A bit of black spray paint made it look fine. I attached a swiveling magnetic holder on the end because that's what I use, but you could stick any holder on the end.

phone holder.jpg

OP
OP
gtncpa

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha ha. You just brought a vision back of the ol' car garbage bag from the 80's. Car washes gave them out and you hung it on the radio knob.

Plati

Reaction score
Ha ha. You just brought a vision back of the ol' car garbage bag from the 80's. Car washes gave them out and you hung it on the radio knob.
We had an actual waste basket on the hump for the drivertrain that had flaps full of sand to hold it in place ... I think that was in my Moms 67 mustang convertible (which cost about $1800 new btw)

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I always have a bag like that in the car for trips, since we few up having the garbage can in them like you mentioned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev