Check Engine Light: P0430 -- What to expect at dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Nothing yet from the dealer on the catalytic converter. Been two months (since June 10).

CEL on the display has remained unlit. Truck still has 50,000 miles and 3 years on the emissions warranty so I've not been checking on this -- will check when it's time for the Virginia annual inspection and the next oil change.

-- Chuck

19FX4Max

Reaction score
Nothing yet from the dealer on the catalytic converter. Been two months (since June 10).

CEL on the display has remained unlit. Truck still has 50,000 miles and 3 years on the emissions warranty so I've not been checking on this -- will check when it's time for the Virginia annual inspection and the next oil change.

-- Chuck
I see, you're at least still driving yours. We left ours at the dealer so we have been without since July 14th. According the Ford Pass app ours has been moving around today so maybe they are working on some things. The service advisor had been looking at other parts departments and attempting to get authorization for aftermarket parts. The check engine light for the cat popped up on ours the day after picking it up for having the transmission rebuilt, so it's a little fishy anyway.

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
5 years ago when the truck was new and probably under 1,000 miles the engine stumbled and the CEL came on for maybe a minute then all was well again and I never saw the light again until a couple of months ago when it popped up -- no mechanical hints. Didn't check the codes 5 years ago and the "permanent" code there now could by 5 years old, I've no clue. Truck has always driven normally in regular driving and towing my small travel trailer.

Have no used the Ford Pass app.

-- Chuck