Check out these ridiculous new backup / reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GOODNESS!! Details please.

$14.99 a pair Lightfox pods, Amazon Prime

2017-11-27 10.08.50.jpg 2017-11-27 10.08.18.jpg

....+ about the same amount spent on 2x 5/16" drill bits that didnt much like "Built Ford Tough" frame rails (Irwin HSS, RIP, & offbrand Oreillys "Titanium", showing damage or defect), and same again on fuel driving around fetching that shit. Plan ahead get hardcore drill bits. BUY TWO.

+ hours wasted figuring how to mount it.

Solution: frame rail behind bumper. Drill 8mm or 5/16". Supplied bolt is M8 w/ 1.25 thread.

M8 1.25 thread wingnut useful on passenger side if you dont wanna take off the bumper, not enough space for a wrench imho... on driver side you CAN get a ratchet in though, helps to have the Bostitch twist-to-ratchet handle

Wiring? Easiest to splice into taillight (reverse light is the bulb behind the clear lens) and drop it thru the fender....greenish wire is hot, black and white is ground.

Last edited:

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks awesome and cheap $ too I am ordering right now. What do you have going on in front? I did LED fogs but they haven't gotten the LED headlight bulbs down yet so I was gonna do HID's?

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS roughly 2/3 the light is coming off the pods...

+ slightly <1/6 from JDM Astar reverse light LEDs, but on a lifted Expy they just dont point in the right place really
+ slightly >1/6 from JDM Astar LEDs in license plate lights, those things are ridiculously bright and point DOWN, thats the dimmer but widest angle beam seen

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks awesome and cheap $ too I am ordering right now. What do you have going on in front? I did LED fogs but they haven't gotten the LED headlight bulbs down yet so I was gonna do HID's?

That up there is 2x LED fogs (which I might be swapping out) and... ONE hid projector (as it turns out I accidentally disconnected the driver side headlamp), both out of whack at time picture was taken due to recent grille replacement without followup adjustment

Fixed it this morning but hey, too much sunlight to take proper output pics now

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info Sir. Looks incredible.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe I should ditch the tow hooks and stick a couple of these in the front, too???

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe I should ditch the tow hooks and stick a couple of these in the front, too???

HAHAHA Thats what I am doing I ordered 2 sets off EBay for $31.00 shipped.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360