Check this out, Ive shown you this now how about this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im glad you agree with me burch, i like the raptor but i hate that grille it looks like a tonka toy. even the earlier broncos are cool I just like the big body style of the late 70's plus if that rendering is the real design it looks to damn short kinda reminds me of the tracker we have....yea btw we own a 1994 geo tracker lol, i used to use it in the winter when i had my caddy, now it just sits.

OP
OP
Nathanialson 08

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a sweet Ford excursion, A 2005 Ford excursion the tooele county Search n Rescue has, been through hell and back, has a Road armor Bumper some body damage from a tree, but has the 6.0L Diesel.

333.jpg 0701112101-00.jpg (second picture was on a search 7-2-11) Yes I'm on the Tooele Utah Search N Rescue team.

Last edited:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Haha.. that 2 door Bronco looks like something isn't right.. IMO. Now the 4 doors above it, they can park in my driveway anytime!!!!!!

Last edited:

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
one of the two door excursions with a removable top as a bronco would look good

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
The excursion is an awe inspiring vehicle in my opinion, when such a large vehicle is seen on the road, everyone is aware of it. It's size commands respect from those who see it. The only reason I dont have one is because I don't have 15,000 dollars to spend on one with less that 150,000 miles. And I wouldn't be caught dead with the v10.
I want a diesel!! And the 7.3 is the way to go!! If California didn't release new emissions regulations in 2003 we would still have the 7.3. But the 6.0 is a piece of poop that, when left stock and the egr cooler isn't removed, will destroy the engine.
It's so bad that navistar, the designers of the 6.0, are facing a class action lawsuit by the government for being so bad! And believe me wen I say I reeeeeeealy know the 6.0
It's bad when left stock, but take out that cooler and throw in a egr delete kit and you just made a great, reliable diesel

Benji-Man

Reaction score
Dear Santa,

My name is Benjamin, and I hope you've noticed that I've "tried" to be good this year and my grades have improved. If you have some room on your sleigh you could bring me a new Ford Bronco. It's really COOL and with the supercharged motor and the long travel suspension. Man, can you imagine how much fun that would be? I told my mom that you like chocolate chip cookies, that's my favorite too!

Thanx,

Benjiman

P.S. If you could find one in Black

tbird610

Reaction score
I love 78 to 79 Bronco's. I use to have 5 of them. But when you get divorced....well you know. I still have one. Thats my pride and joy.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
And here I was thinking about taking an Excursion body, splitting it front to back, adding in another 18" or so and then slapping that body down on a military grade H1 frame (slightly extended to make the wheels line up properly. I thought that would be a cool setup since you can't legally put the military hummers back on the road. But, since it would have the Excursion VIN, it would be "legal". Now, that would be a beast to have. But then, if you are going that big, might as well get the new Hummer Maurader. I would drive one of those in a heartbeat. I know I am good, I have the secret clearance that would be needed to buy a truck like the Maurader. he he he he he he.

What Ford needs to do is to take the 99 expy body style and put 1 ton axles under it and put the old 7.3L turbo diesel under the hood and a good auto tranny that wont destroy itself. They would have something. I think they over did it with the excursion thing. Body was just WAY to big.. And leave the darn v10 in the bone yard...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Alaskan. I love the Excursion. I would have bought one of them first if I had the money.