Good things ARE coming our way from ICON Vehicle Dynamics, or so they say

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my rig in March I quickly contacted ICON, Fox, Bilstein, and King to see if anyone had anything available for us or in the works. All said NOPE. King said we’ll gladly make you some. They gave me a laundry list of dimensions they needed.
Some of which I was able to find online and some I was not and have not had time to take the stuff off the truck and measure. So I let that be until I could get the stuff off (still hasn’t happened). Looked into Bilstein adjustables up front and 4600s with spacers for the rear and that was my plan for a 2” lift. Have collected some parts not all. Well the struts/shock question has fired up again.
I remembered seeing Adventure Driven’s blog showing ICON rear coil overs. Now knowing F150s will work just need rears.
A couple folks have said they have heard from other sources ICON was doing something. But for me unless ICON says they are doing it, they aren’t doing it.
Figure what the heck shot them an Email with the link to Adventure Driven’s video and asked how do I get a set???
And here is the response
FA1D3749-2468-49E1-AC4C-226DF43C5F20.jpeg

So at least they are working on it. Still not a 100% as I have put money down on “products in development” only to get my money back as they never came to fruition.
So this certainly beats my flat out no of an answer from back in April.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kinda prices can we expect from this brand? Lift or stock height? Adjustible or fixed?

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No mention of any of that at this point.
Hoping adjustable up to 2.5” like they are for the F150.
Also hoping for all 3 options as they all start from the same base 2.5 with no reservoir, then add a reservoir, and a reservoir with adjustable dampening believe they call theirs CDCV.

If pricing is anywhere near F150 (guessing they will likely be more as they certainly won’t sell the number of units that they do for F150s.

At least $1,500, $1,800, and $2,100 a pair.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they making these for 07-14 or 15-17 trucks? There really aren’t many 15-17s on the road so I’d be surprised if it’s not for 07-14 expys. I believe it’s actally 07-13’ then 14-17’ on the different suspensions.

Wasn’t adventuredriven’s expy an 07’?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are they making these for 07-14 or 15-17 trucks? There really aren’t many 15-17s on the road so I’d be surprised if it’s not for 07-14 expys.

Wasn’t adventuredriven’s expy an 07’?

I only asked about rears in regard to the 07 like Adventure Driven’s but the rears are identical across the board for the 07-17s Expedition so it won’t make a difference.

I would only presume they will be making a front to match the rear kind of silly not to.
So the 07-14 is likely going to be covered.

And we are ready know that the F150 kits work on the 15-17 Expeditions so 15-17s will be covered for sure even if they for some reason don’t make them for the front.

Though I am pretty confident the only difference in the front F150 unit and the 07-14 Expedition unit is the mount. Pop the cross bar out of the lower shock eyelet and use the factory shock bolt most likely will work.

Grover6

Reaction score
Maybe all of us on the forums should send a similar email to ICON. Let them know the interest is there.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe all of us on the forums should send a similar email to ICON. Let them know the interest is there.

A very good idea!!

I sent a couple follow up on options, front, rear, reservoir, no reservior, adjustable, etc. waiting to hear back.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm ignorant on this. How is this different from the readylift kits?

Readylift is nothing more than a strut spacer that you pop on top of the factory strut essentially pushing everything up X”s (based upon the kit purchased) the most popular for the Expedition is 3” front and 2” for the rear. It also tends to provide crap ride quality. The Expedition is an independent suspension front and rear so the ride quality is not degraded too much. Spacers on a live axle are horrendous for ride quality.

This is a completely new coilover assembly completely. Likely will be height adjustable from 0-2.5” (considering that is the F150 models adjustability).
For other models there is a coilover, a coilover with external reservoir, and a coilover with external reservoir and dampening adjustability.

So you gain much more suspension travel without loosing ride quality and not particularly loosing longevity of the other factory suspension parts. In some cases and application ride quality is improved over stock.

Here is a video somewhat explaining the difference.

The coilover is the ride height adjustable type.
Granted in this video the Bilstein 5100 is the strut only and you reuse the rest of your stock components and the ICON will be a completely new unit the principle and engineering behind the two are the same.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm ignorant on this. How is this different from the readylift kits?

Readylift is a spacer. That's fancy talk for what boils down to a bigass washer you stack on top of your struts... alters suspension geometry, leaves you with stock coils and springs

If you meant Rancho quickLIFT.... those are highway coilovers with built in levelling and another inch or so of lift, with quality at the upper end of mediocrity

Neither is a high end product with significant upgrade to practical badassery... well, unless you physically clear an obstacle that would've totalled you at stock ride height, then yeah, practical as all hell