Cold Start Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford already replaced my cam phaser once and now the rattle is back and worse about 6 months later. Embarassingly bad for such a pricey machine. Anyone had to have this done twice?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford already replaced my cam phaser once and now the rattle is back and worse about 6 months later. Embarassingly bad for such a pricey machine. Anyone had to have this done twice?
You must have gotten the repair done with the same parts used at original build. I think they have a new part number now, but I could be mistaken.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
It’s been about 2 months since they replaced our cam phasers and we haven’t heard any startup rattles since.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I remember that you had oil leaks after the repair, do you recall what was the issue that caused the leak??

ESA 780

Reaction score
I have a 19 limited max and had a rattle. Took it in and they are replacing one of the cam phasers.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just dropped mine off for the 30 second to 1 minute rattle at start up. They did cam phasers with the new part in February. Hopefully I’ll be getting new turbos because I think the sound is coming from the wastegate linkage.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the wastegate issue mean the turbos are bad? Or just annoying? Mine has what sounds like that rattle, but some on here had said there is a cold start sound that is normal because of some valve or etc.

Not interested in getting covid over a sound. For bad turbos, maybe...

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the turbo wastegate is rattling, you are under boosting the turbo.
Loosing performance also.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the turbo wastegate is rattling, you are under boosting the turbo.
Loosing performance also.

hmmm. So coming out of first gear sometimes it feels like the vehicle is going to stall (shudders). Could this be leakage from the wastegate causing loss of boost? I was thinking transmission but this makes more sense since the trans is showing no other issues throughout the other gears.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford