Cold Start Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssmock

Reaction score
They didn’t really fix anything just tried adding freon to it. Still does it when the ac is on. Turn off the ac and problem goes away. Try it and see.

OP
OP
G

Groover

Reaction score
Turned the cold engine on and immediately turned the AC off. After 30 seconds the vibration of the same line started.

Waited a few more minutes and turned the AC on - no weird sound or additional vibration, just the sound the air coming through the vents.

I did read that on the older engine in 2014 and earlier the AC compressor was mounted at a low point and was susceptible to slugging. Doesn't seem that the AC is the cause of my problem though.

I guess I will have to take the advice given earlier and cable tie the line to something, but how come nobody else with a 2015-17 is complaining of this problem? What is different about my truck?

ssmock

Reaction score
I had my AC completely off before I started the engine and the rattle noise is not there. Turn everything off in the ACC position before starting.