Conflicted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the fords because, at the time, they were the best looking and balanced cargo, passenger room and ride and handling better than anything else on the market. We drive to tx alot. My mother in law likes to give us huge items that fill up the cargo bay pretty quickly. We did this drive with the cx9, and it was pretty difficult with everything we took, as well as putting too many miles on the lease. The expy was great when we had it, so we upgraded to the nav, which outside of this issue, has mainly been phenomenal. It has some of the best seats, the ride is mostly good, the sound system is phenomenal, and for 450hp, going 450 miles to empty most fill ups is great. And it takes regular gas as a plus. Perhaps its best feature though, the center console. The set up for the console is hugely underrated, we love the room and nooks it provided for phones, wires, snacks, and misc items. Way better than the expy set up and anything we have been in really. I have def thought about alternatives. These are my thoughts on those:

Gms- for the current gen, i like the ride and looks as well as space, but i don't like the Tahoe interior, they don't have adjustable pedals which is a must for my wife, and the seats are Terrible esp the third row. The previous gens are worse on every level except for looks.

Jeep- I also like the ride and space of these, and the sec and third rows are roomy and comfy like the fords. However, they are beautifully hideous, tech has a steep learning curve, the front seats are too thin, it's missing some convenience features, the reliability is the worse of the big three, and the steep price on any with decent miles, esp the grand version.

Nissan- I like the powertrain, premium feel, and cushioned ride, but the sec row is fixed, third row mediocre, poor gas mileage, flat seats, and a new one is due to be released soon.

Toyota - the previous gen sequoia is god ugly and outdated, the previous gen lx570 is steeply overpriced and has poor third row. This is carried over to the new gen sequoia and lx600 (cant afford it anyway lol damn military), poor third row, fixed second row, but I haven't driven it so I can't speak on the drive or fuel.

I was already trying to hold out on the 5th gen fords, but idk if i want another ford now. I thought about a used BMW x7 or mb gls, but the Interior space is hugely compromised. This is my sentiments for crossovers as well. My wife's cx9 drives great and is pretty comfy in the first row, but not in the others. We have been in the highlander, palisade, telluride, grand cherokee and some lux variants, and they just don't have the feel of a fs suv in terms of room, ride, and seats.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I love the grand wagoneer and the Hurricane motor is pretty phenomenal. Only thing out there that can really compete with this (although the toyota turbo hybrid is nothing to flinch at). I've always been a Jeep guy, and yes, their quality too has suffered but one thing that always took care of me was the drivetrains. My 4.0, 5.2, and the 5.7L Hemi coupled with strong transfer cases always took care of me. And yeah, I'm sure there are 10 people that would say the opposite. But I can't stomach the price of those things, to get that motor, yeah write. The L version is nuts, talk about space and comfort. But I'd rather buy a piece of land I can leave my kids!

XeBeast

Reaction score
Sounds like a good subject to talk to Corporate about.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I love the grand wagoneer and the Hurricane motor is pretty phenomenal. ... But I can't stomach the price of those things, to get that motor, yeah write. The L version is nuts, talk about space and comfort. But I'd rather buy a piece of land I can leave my kids!
For 2023, the Hurricane is the standard engine across all versions except the base Grand Wagoneer. The Wagoneer starts in the low $60,000 range and moves up from there, same as the Expedition and Navigator. There are already used ones available on the used market at substantial discount from MSRP. The Grand Wagoneer has a gorgeous interior, but the exterior never did it for me. Very curious to see what the next Navigator looks like because the current generation still looks good but will be replaced soon.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@JasonH - maybe things have changed but the hurricane TT I6 was only available standard on the L's at launch, and available as on option on the non-L models. that immediately put it inline with the more expensive trims. Same difference though, to get something similar in features to the plati, you need to be at roughly the series 3, so with the hurricane and S3, you're at starting place of around $80k. The Grand might be a bit more like the Navi in plushness, but you might be able to back down to the Obsidian and then bam, you're at over 100k.

T-Rex2020

Reaction score
Hello,
Brand new to the forum and new to Ford. I bought a 2015 Lincoln Navigator from Carmax and had the same issues. 2nd time I drove it, the car stalled. Luckily, Carmax took the Navi back after spending 28 days at Lincoln. The dealership told me it was rodents that got to the electrical towards the end. Sorry, this happened to you. I love my new 2020 Expedition Max Limited so far.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@JasonH - maybe things have changed but the hurricane TT I6 was only available standard on the L's at launch, and available as on option on the non-L models. that immediately put it inline with the more expensive trims. Same difference though, to get something similar in features to the plati, you need to be at roughly the series 3, so with the hurricane and S3, you're at starting place of around $80k. The Grand might be a bit more like the Navi in plushness, but you might be able to back down to the Obsidian and then bam, you're at over 100k.
They're migrating away from the 6.4, probably terrible for CAFE. For 2023, the 6.4 is only in the base with the 3.0T as an option. I didn't check the brochure for 2024. All these manufacturers are chasing the same market. Take a basic 40k pickup and gussy it up for people that like to lease pricey luxury vehicles. Nice fat margins. I like to wait until they're half off, which only takes 3 to 5 years. Even more so now that we don't drive the Expedition daily. Hard to spend 70k+ on a vehicle that doesn't move for five or six days a week.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like your mind is made up already..... If you don't trust the vehicle then there is no reason to keep it. It sounds like a PITA to me for your situations. Call me spoiled, but I'd dump it if they can't fix it this time. I dumped the Navigator my wife had because it was a POS as well. Always was something with it.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel you. It sux because the nav is the best vehicle I've ever owned or driven so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire