Conflicted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a new engine/motor, but wonder how many items will be "deleted". No passenger seat heater for you! but for real, I want diesel electric options, if a locomotive can hit 500Ton/Miles/Gal, a 3cyl diesel electric could be sweet!
Locomotives go a constant speed for long distances, so diesel electric works great for them. A diesel electric car driven in cross town sorts of driving would have to have batteries and be a hybrid... And modern clean diesel motors are expensive and complicated with DEF and stuff. Around here diesel fuel is at least $1 more than gasoline. I got rid of my 7.3 power stroke because of this

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We bought ours primarily because we bought a travel trailer. Several years ago we had several Tahoes and an Expedition, then we went to smaller SUVs. Even had a CX9 at one time.

Because of towing needs it came down to the Expedition and Wagoneer. I never drove a wagoneer because I could not find one in stock I liked and did not have time to order. ive been a huge car nut all my life and know a huge amount about vehicles.

I test drove the actual one we bought. I was very impressed mostly (more on that in a minute)all aspects and pulled the trigger. We now are right at 5,000 miles. About 1,500 miles is pulling the trailer.

We love all aspects of except the Synch four 15” screen interface. I hate it. Im waiting impatiently for the update over air download that many people already have but we have not. That will help a lot.

Despite hating that, we are totally in love with it. Its my wife's vehicle and she is not put off by the interface like I am. Would I buy it again, absolutely.

Last edited:

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. My experience with throttle body failure exhibited different messages (consult owners manual), reactions (vehicle went to idle), and retained a P2112 DTC, so I'm thinking your issue is not the throttle body.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update:

Well not rele an update and more a rant first to vent my frustration. So again, this happened last April while deployed, and June(2x dueing the trip), took it to the only lincoln dealer by me in August after waiting almost 2 months for the appointment. They kept it for 2 weeks and told me a sensor needed to be replaced that was not covered by warranty. Happened again during Thanksgiving weekend, had to make another appointment at the same dealer since the stand alone ford dealers had longer waits and didn't seem Interested in working on a lincoln. Forgot to mention on original post, i was able to get the truck to a ford dealer right after it occured twice, and both times, they said they couldnt do anything because both times the lights went away after sitting and restarting the truck. Turned it in 2 weeks before Christmas, and it's still at the dealer over a month later.

Frustration 1-why do I need to make an appointment for you, the service bay, to hear my issue. You should be blocking out that appointment time to run a basic diagnosis, not for me to drop it off and do nothing? The truck sat untouched for atleast 2 weeks. How do I know it sat, the lincolnway app kicked me out of my profile for not being started. I even dropped the truck off early so it could be looked at for the original appt time and it still wasnt.

Frustration 2-just because the one tech to look at one issue I relayed to you wasn't there, doesn't mean another tech can't begin looking at it for the other issues. Your purposely causing a backup in cars being looked at because your purposely preventing cars to be diaged for one person to show up, then send it to another person to finish with the diags. That's a huge time sink.

Frustration 3-dont tell me your going to reach out to me, and then don't reach out. This is highly unprofessional. You could easily make a note to yourself, or better yet, don't make the promise. I shouldn't have to block out my time to wait to hear from you, and it's a huge annoyance when I do this just for it to be unwarranted. Things happen, and those are easily forgiven if you reach out before I reach out to you.

Frustration 4-why in the hell do you tell me "we're going to ...," and when I call you (because your not calling me) a week later, the action still hasn't been done? What the hell were you doing for the past week? Even if your waiting for my approval (which I already gave) for another transaction, do the thing you said you were going to do. And this is after you tell me, we couldn't replicate your issue. I'm not a tech, but even I know your not gonna replicate the issue after letting it sit for 3 weeks without touching it let alone driving it.

Frustration 5-dont treat my wife like she's inconveniencing you when you've had the truck for a period of time and she needs assistance grabbing an item in the truck. We're the ones getting being inconvenienced by driving almost an hour out of our way to you where the vehicle is because you couldn't figure out what was wrong with it originally.

Frustration 6-if you finally get a code for an item that may be causing an issue, why in the flying would you not put your resources om that issue asap? Don't tell me, "this code came up, but the repair is expensive so we're going to leave it alone" without even trying to look at it. And then I have to remind you that there's a warranty that covers the repair, then proceed to take 5 days to contact them to get the approval to do the repair. As soon as the code came up, that part should've been priority and then the warranty company shouldve been contacted at that moment, not call me to tell me, oh we found this but where not gonna press forward on it.

I understand your a big-ish dealer that services many communities around this major city, but my God are yall sorely lacking in basic customer service protocols. And that's someone who works in customer service for the DoD, which means ****** elementary protocols being the norm. These businesses now have turned customer service for the consumer meaning something and flipped it like the consumer now owes the business for even providing the service when their already paying for their time and money. And ford isn't even interested in trying to do anything to rectify this, and there will be a time when us consumers turn on them, which sux cuz I own stock on ford. South Park did a beautiful episode on this issue recently. Whenever I get this damn thing back, it's not going back there, I will take it to a local business and let them earn my(warrantys) money. Well hell, it will be my money because I keep having to come out of my pocket for something. Ok, rant over.

Real update-i took it in for the truck throwing codes, powertrain fault and deteriorating driving on the highway after long stretches. I also told them that the transmission was shifting weird and clunking during shifts, even if it was a smooth shift. Well after a month of sitting, they say that they couldn't replicate the shifts, so they will reflash the transmission module or whatever. They were also able to pull a saved code for the turbo chargers, so I pressed them to follow up and they will now be replacing them, though it will supposedly only be partially covered by warranty. I also asked them to let me know how much an atf change would be since I bought it with high mileage and feel it probably could help make the transmission run better in the long run, something I would thought would be quick, still a week later and haven't been given a price yet. Now, I continue to wait for my truck to get a transmission reflashed, turbos replaced, and the cost of the atf change let alone getting that done.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The biggest risk to ford isn’t their crappy quality control it’s the crappy dealer support network.
Ford and the dealers love to point the finger but the customer is the one who loses, until they don’t and both parties remember who spends money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire