Console for former government 3rd Gens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a mid-3rd Gen Expy for a buddy online. I've been looking in Texas for rust-free vehicles. I've found several white ones, some of which have cloth interiors, which also do not have a center console (one even had some homemade, Amish-looking contraption).

This seems to be the only drawback (many of them have low miles) - does anyone have experience with getting center consoles from junkyards or aftermarket for these? Can they just be screwed to the floor with sheet metal screws? Any other ideas?
lots on ebay

cvb777

Reaction score
I just bought a console-less 2015 former police model. I also have the same question. Wondering also which years and models and makes would would be compatible places to search for a replacement.

Demarrcus

Reaction score
I have a 2015 SSV or XL Fleet as well, I was interested in the Phoenix Automotive Tesla style radios but it is unlikely these would work easily without upgrading some other components. This was their reply to the picture of the center console sent in.

“Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We checked your sent dashboard picture. Sorry, the 12.1'' unit is not compatible with your vehicle.
Also checked other radio unit, it's not workable. Sorry, no proper unit would be recommended to you.

Thank you.”

Probably a double din Kenwood or pioneer with Apple Play is the way I will go.

Has anyone else with this model changed out the base radio, if so do you happen to have pictures of the wiring behind it?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are talking about the factory in dash radio? Or one where the factory radio was relocated? Or something completely different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion it should be simple like the 07-14 radios. Where there are side clips on the radio and it slide right out. But check crutchfield for that to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl Woodside

Reaction score
You have to use the factory metal bracket on the radio and bolt it onto the radio. I had to drill out the dimples on the bracket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Funfetti