converted XLT to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

18XLT

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the responses
Just needed some validation lol

The next problem I’m dealing with is condensation in one of my lights

#fail #facepalm

I must have not put one of the rubber gaskets back on tight enough

if I fix it, will this eventually dry up on its own?

AE4D41E7-93CE-45D2-AA7F-F935E0537BAE.jpeg

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know the lights will also flicker like crazy if your auto start stop turns your engine off while you're stopped?

Not that I would ever condone putting bulbs that put out 2x-10x the light output into the same housing, it sounds like you could use some capacitors. The LEDs should be using significantly less power than a halogen ever would. Maybe there is a quick dip in voltage as the engine turns off? This sounds weird...

Nice! You did the right thing and got projectors. I thought the cutoff looked too good to be reflectors...

if you plug the holes that were causing the condensation a nice sunny day should take care of it. Unless of course there is moisture getting in somewhere else, ie around the edge of the housing somewhere. Did you replace the housings or are the oem?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if I fix it, will this eventually dry

Yes, try to leave it overnight, it can dry by itself since these headlights are ventilated.

if it doesn’t, open the rubber cover and park it in a well ventilated area for couple of hours.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they have an external box? If so, how did you deal with that?
Are they the correct fitment? HB3/9005? I have now come to distrust the Amazon compatibility thing AND the manual (of course, I could just go have a look, but it's a bit pesky to get at. The fogs I ordered were wrong - they are actually H8 bulbs).
There are youtube videos for this activity. Watch them and it should answer most your questions on how to install them.

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The light housings have the bulb size stamped on them.

even if the rubber gaskets are installed correctly, our lights are prone to moisture. It’s normal. It’s actually mentioned and covered in the owners manual.

BWSTL

Reaction score
I put in the Hikari Ultras - HB3 for the lows and HB11 for the Hi. I purchased the lower cost Hikari 2019 New Gen H11 for the fogs. I think the dead spot is the same but LED is brighter/crisper so you notice more. The Stock halogens were pathetic in terms of brightness. As mentioned before throw on the fogs to illuminate the dead spot.

I also replaced the puddle lights and license plate lights with LEDs. Not sure I care if I do the reverse light conversion but I have the bulbs if I get itchy to round out the conversion.