Coolant leaking/pooling in spark plug wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wahl954

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I let the car sit for awhile to let all the coolant drain to the bottom. I pulled the hose off and only a little coolant came out. Took about 30 minutes total. Cleaned all the coolant off the engine and after a week of driving no leaks.

ricky guerra

Reaction score
Same problem

Had the same problem on my 2008 I went to parts house and got a radiator tee made by gates and 3 hose clamps 9 dollars 10 min to fix.

pesh99ss

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue on my 2012 Expedition with 138,000 miles. I think it is the intake manifold gasket as I have replaced the heater hoses. I called Ford and said I had coolant puddling in the spark plug wells and that it might be the gasket. They said Ford recommends a whole new engine!! Am I crazy or are they crazy?

PkgingGuy

Reaction score
my 2011 had the same symptoms of pooling in the plug well. T-connection was leaking some AF. Got the T connection at AutoZone, cut off the OG T, popped on the new one and three hose clamps. Job done for 12dollars. Thx for the previous posters for calling out the leak from above the plugs! :)

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue on my 2012 Expedition with 138,000 miles. I think it is the intake manifold gasket as I have replaced the heater hoses. I called Ford and said I had coolant puddling in the spark plug wells and that it might be the gasket. They said Ford recommends a whole new engine!! Am I crazy or are they crazy?
This is an old thread but stay away from that stealership, easy repair yourself or a local shop.