Crank, no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontBeJeff

Reaction score
I will say that I have not figured out this problem, but never consistent enough for me to figure out where the problem is. Now that I know where to look, I will check this out as well. Some good information! Also, I notice that it happens when it is warm outside more, but happened one lone time on a colder day, so just felt like that was a red herring...

Reaction score
If/when you find a solution, many of us will be very grateful.

I have my expo sitting now, due to anti theft light blinking. Trying numerous things including key reset, transceiver, And wires. Stuck n theft mode!! Like who wants to steal my 99 expo , but i would sure like to use vehicle I’ve owned for 5 yrs. . Dealer wants to throw parts that i can change myself. Programming i may have to pay dealer for next. I have bought and installed correctly all advised parts.... wtf next. Hoping someone has the fix to bypass pats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have my expo sitting now, due to anti theft light blinking. Trying numerous things including key reset, transceiver, And wires. Stuck n theft mode!! Like who wants to steal my 99 expo , but i would sure like to use vehicle I’ve owned for 5 yrs. . Dealer wants to throw parts that i can change myself. Programming i may have to pay dealer for next. I have bought and installed correctly all advised parts.... wtf next. Hoping someone has the fix to bypass pats

Explain KEY RESET (?) Using different key?

Try moving key to "on" position - then move shifter between park and neutral - try "start" (worked for a lady - can't locate her post).

Here is a link for similar situations - may help (?): http://www.expeditionforum.com/search/5043155/?q=no+crank&t=post&o=date

Reaction score
OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, stamp11127, back to your first response to my dilemma (post #2, and a query from roadrunnerkitten post #20)....... "blinking light". I have not confirmed if my anti-theft light blinks during CRANK, NO START.

I need to confirm a blinking light, or not. I have searched, but have not learned to my satisfaction if the anti-theft function resets over time. If so, that would account for
the restart after some (30?) minutes. My problem may not be fuel related at all.....(I'm not the sharpest tool in the box). I may just need to change keys.

Antitheft reset: According to the owner manual there is no delay to insert a new key:

"Automatic disarming
Switching the ignition to the 3 (ON) position with a coded key disarms the vehicle."

Again, I have not found anything fuel related that resets itself.

I have changed ignition keys, and now carry 3 keys (2 with fobs) in the vehicle.
We shall see if the CRANK, NO START problem is solved.

Order for updated junction box cancelled.

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Owners Manual shows the ignition lockout time before reset is 15 minutes.

Antitheft reset: According to the owner manual there is no delay to insert a new key:

"Automatic disarming
Switching the ignition to the 3 (ON) position with a coded key disarms the vehicle."

Reaction score
Owners Manual shows the ignition lockout time before reset is 15 minutes.

"Automatic disarming

Don, i sure appreciate info. My expo is gonna have to now b reprogrammed by ford. I have to replace bad pats module then dealer reprograms ecm. I wish this an easy off situation. I don’t want the pats antitheft anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Void response to stamp11127. He was responding to roadrunnerkitten.

Last edited: