Cross compatibility on 07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cjbuckeye

cjbuckeye

Reaction score
Well that beats the $1,000 quote with prep, materials , total labor..... wow!

Now my rear fenders are the other problem...
2efa59653ceb9e555503ea3da4f8a8fb.jpg
e8cb57c70b430bb1d497159cd40f8cf9.jpg
21c3730017e865a6b8de6e1495e580fd.jpg

Thinking body Shop best for that.

I recently bought the car and it’s an excellent family car and tow vehicle for our camper and negotiated down due to the rust issues but I’m finding out I didn’t enough unfortunately. Runs solid, a lot of preventive maintenance done, coil packs, plugs, fluids kept up with, just need to make the body nice and I plan to keep for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those wheel wells or “fenders” aren’t too expensive to have re worked. They will cut out past the bubbles and weld in new. Had my passenger side that was getting ugly replaced after some damage.

OP
OP
cjbuckeye

cjbuckeye

Reaction score
What did it run you? I have two one from a ford dealer , one from a shop and 2k +! I’m told the hatch / liftgate is about half

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did it run you? I have two one from a ford dealer , one from a shop and 2k +! I’m told the hatch / liftgate is about half

I took it to a body shop for the partial wheel well replacement it was $700. I had the passenger side replaced, although the bubbling wasn’t as severe as yours. They cut out the problem area and made up and welded in a new piece and painted/blended. Can’t even tell anything ever happened. It was a little cheaper as well since I handed the owner cash.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man you guys pay half of what the Bay area would run to do a job. They wanted $1400.00 just to pop out a small dent and paint my right front fender and part of passenger door. Material to repair and paint that fender/door is under $200.00. base coat/ clear/ primer, and sand paper. Lot of labor charge here. I have 2 small dents that probably will never get fixed, and a $1400.00 check from AAA that got deposited 2 years back.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With fenders, why not take out the rust prime it and just slap some aftermarket cover over it? Mindblanking on the name, but you know what I mean, the things rednecks bolt/glue on

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
With fenders, why not take out the rust prime it and just slap some aftermarket cover over it? Mindblanking on the name, but you know what I mean, the things rednecks bolt/glue on
Fenderflares?

Redneck at your service
iimagine