Cross compatibility on 07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjbuckeye

Reaction score
I have an 07 XLT and have the famous corrosion issue on the hatch, quotes are very high with the labor to prep and refinish the aluminum issues to make it last....

I found a hatch / lift gate in excellent condition at a salvage yard but it’s an 06, I knows it’s a different generation but it looks identical to mine, does anyone know if this will fit and plug into the harness?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What harness? Buttons for glass and lock + rear wiper?

Just cut your own connector off and use that if it don't (best prevent it from locking closed before you verify that all other functions are working correctly)

OP
OP
cjbuckeye

cjbuckeye

Reaction score
Good point, I can do that, just wondered if anyone knew about the hinges and latch, etc

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has one, just changed it last month. It was under dash just in front of diagnostic port. Your probably right with it sharing the same signal relay, or module. When my flasher relay started failing, it was right after I started using the 4 ways. It got so bad, even the regular signals stopped working after about 6-10 flashes. New relay and all is normal.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cj your going to have a tough time on finding a member that did the swap. Most just repaint. Why not do the sanding and prep work yourself. It's not that hard. All you'll need is grease prep to get off all wax, and gunk, sandpaper, the proper primer for aluminum, and if you don't want to spray base coat /clear coat yourself, pay a shop or individual to do that. The mobile dent repair guys are usually way cheaper than a shop. They don't have the overhead, sometimes close to half off. I wouldn't [emoji205] around with chopping and rewiring plugs, you can open up a whole new electrical issue. If you want the one from the wreckers, have them use their cross reference guide. It will tell you and them if it fits, and plugs up.

OP
OP
cjbuckeye

cjbuckeye

Reaction score
Cj your going to have a tough time on finding a member that did the swap. Most just repaint. Why not do the sanding and prep work yourself. It's not that hard. All you'll need is grease prep to get off all wax, and gunk, sandpaper, the proper primer for aluminum, and if you don't want to spray base coat /clear coat yourself, pay a shop or individual to do that. The mobile dent repair guys are usually way cheaper than a shop. They don't have the overhead, sometimes close to half off. I wouldn't [emoji205] around with chopping and rewiring plugs, you can open up a whole new electrical issue. If you want the one from the wreckers, have them use their cross reference guide. It will tell you and them if it fits, and plugs up.

Thanks!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if it was me, I like to a job right the first time, so I don't care for spray cans. Dupont makes a nice 2 part etching primer called chromax. Its got an activator that you add to the paint. Depending on what color primer you have underneath your color coat, you'll find that out after sanding off old paint, that's what you want to buy. Keep in mind you'll need a spray gun, and a compressor. The spray gun you might be able to rent from O'Reilly's or Auto zone or borrow from a friend. The compressor might be tougher. The others will say just rattle can it, but it might flake off like factory. I've used in the past their green etching primer on quite a few fox mustangs with great results. That's my 2 cents. Hope that helps.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh forgot the price is around $75.00 for a quart with activator. Your labor about 4 hours work time, whatever that's worth to you.