Cruise Control and Radio quit at the same time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nexus61779

Reaction score
I bought a 2004 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) not long ago, and of course it was an as-is since it was used. Last night I let it idle for a little bit, after I was down the road again a little ways I noticed the radio wasn't on, and wouldn't turn on. I then went to turn the cruise on and same thing, it would't do anything. Is there something that controls both? It seems really odd that they would both fo out at the exact same time. Any help or ideas would be great... Thank you

OP
OP
N

Nexus61779

Reaction score
I did run a quick check last night using a test light, I have power on both sides of all the fuses, but one or two, and those have no power on either side. So I figured they probably weren't supposed to?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some fuses will have power at all times Some will only have power when the key is in either the start or run position.

Would all depend on how you check the fuses and if the engine was off or on.

Do you have the owners manual so you can see what the fuse position number was??

if you don't have the owners manual you can download a copy at

owner.ford.com

OP
OP
N

Nexus61779

Reaction score
I had the vehicle running at the time, and yeah, I have the manual with it. I'll take a look later and get back to you. Thank you

OP
OP
N

Nexus61779

Reaction score
With the vehicle running all fuses appear to be good, although fuse 7 has no power to it.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse #7 is for the radio. It should only have power to it when the key is in the START position.

Has any work been done to the expy in the area of the fuse box?

Remove the kick panel that covers the fuse box and check the ground connection its below and to the right of the fuse box.
Make sure it is clean and tight.