Cupholder fell through console! Weird!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's crazy to me that with the cost of these things, that I now feel nervous watching my wife put her water bottle in the cup holder every time now. I cringe almost every time!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's crazy to me that with the cost of these things, that I now feel nervous watching my wife put her water bottle in the cup holder every time now. I cringe almost every time!
I do the same Tunage. Sad…

ertx

Reaction score
Came here to the forum just for this issue. Thanks @Meeker for the pics and write up. Thankful to have to avoid messing with dealer.

The clips to remove this panel were a little stubborn for me. But it eventually came off without a problem.

Wish I had a rivet gun to secure the “wings” of the underside there, where the white clips are shown in the pic under step 7. Mine didn’t have those white clips, might use zip ties in case the expoxy fails and I don’t end up with hot coffee everywhere!

edit: decided to go with zip ties for some peace of mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys... I need you help! I got the console out and unplugged all plugs but one. I could not figure out for the life of me how to unplug the plug that clips in the gear selector. How the heck do you get this plug off?

OP
OP
R

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I watched that video but the truck has a gear shifter in the console....not a dial like our Expeditions. What I cannot figure out to do is unplug the plug that goes into the gear shifter dial. I just couldn't figure it out. Any help out there how to unplug this?