Dealer service records?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ldo0444

Reaction score
Hi guys, a quick question... I recently purchased a high mileage 2016 Expedition and saw on the Car Fax report all /most of the service on this vehicle was done at the same ford dealer in Central Florida. Is there a standard report or document I could request from this dealer that would list the maintenance history of this vehicle?

The car is in great shape, but I thought it would be good to know what was replaced and repaired already and what I might need to look at in the future. I'm not close by and don't have a relationship with this dealer. Wondering if I call the service department out of the blue and ask for service records/history on this VIN, is that something they can/ would help me with.

Thanks!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys, a quick question... I recently purchased a high mileage 2016 Expedition and saw on the Car Fax report all /most of the service on this vehicle was done at the same ford dealer in Central Florida. Is there a standard report or document I could request from this dealer that would list the maintenance history of this vehicle?

The car is in great shape, but I thought it would be good to know what was replaced and repaired already and what I might need to look at in the future. I'm not close by and don't have a relationship with this dealer. Wondering if I call the service department out of the blue and ask for service records/history on this VIN, is that something they can/ would help me with.

Thanks!
Yah you could call them. Like @JasonH said the worst thing they can say is no. Congrats!

OP
OP
ldo0444

ldo0444

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got that part... I can definitely make a cold call. I was wondering if there is a specific document I should ask for. Or if all the records are in a specific database that any Ford dealer has access to? Maybe I could have my hometown dealer look it up and bypass calling that out of town dealership? Anyone who works at, or has connections with a Ford dealership service dept. know?
Thanks!