Denied ESP coverage for Caliber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the PremiumCare ESP through Ford . My driver front brake was sqeeking so I brough it to Ford. They say i need a new caliber as its frozen and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately I was denied coverage under my ESP due to the fact that I dont have Ford/Motorcract/Omnicraft branded OEM pads/rotors and Ford is blaming the aftermarket pads and rotors for the fail.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the PremiumCare ESP through Ford . My driver front brake was sqeeking so I brough it to Ford. They say i need a new caliber as its frozen and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately I was denied coverage under my ESP due to the fact that I dont have Ford/Motorcract/Omnicraft branded OEM pads/rotors and Ford is blaming the aftermarket pads and rotors for the fail.

Sounds like some bs there... I would try to send that up the flagpole and get ford involved.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are brake calipers covered unler ESP premium care? If so, then blaming the aftermarket pads/rotors is crap. However... If whomever did the brake job (using the aftermarket parts) did not properly service the caliper slide pins and that caused it to seize up then I could buy their reasoning.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think Ford is using any damn excuse they can to deny warranty claims, they are now thinking like an insurance company, take your money and then deny as many claims as they can. Too bad they have not come to the realization that they are NOT an insurance company and the vast majority of their income comes from the sale of new vehicles. These petty refusals are costing them 10's, possibly 100's of millions in new vehicle sales.

I had the positive terminal on my factory original Ford battery fail. It leaked and took out the positive battery cable terminal. We all now know that Ford will not replace just the terminal on the battery cable even though it is available as a separate part, they mandate replacement of the entire power harness which is about $600 to $800 P&L depending who you ask.

In my case they denied all the warranty work (battery and harness) because they said the battery is not a warranty item. OK I know battery is not a warranty item, but their excuse is (like OP) a non warranty item (like battery or brake pads) takes out a warranty item and they get to not cover the clearly covered warranty item - that is complete and total bulls**t. The next thing we are going to be hearing is "yeah" you have Ford Motorcraft pads, but a Ford dealer did not install them, so we won't cover the caliper replacement.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe you mean caliper
Brake calipers are covered from BaseCare ESP up to PremiumCare. If you have powertrain care, they are not covered.
Seized calipers are covered, unless caused by external damage, damage from pad or service performed or neglect.

i.e. if they deny your claim, ask them to show you how the damage was done. They are obligated to provide the information as part of their claim denial.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score