Design Miscue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If their not a true duel set up why waste your time? Plus I haven’t heard a good sounding exhaust note from any Ecoboost. The GT sounds ok, until you hear any other super car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Honda Pilot had dual exhausts straight out the rear. I burnt myself too many times while unhooking my camper after a drive to a campground.

Although, I haven't towed yet, I am glad the exhaust is not dual nor sticking out the back.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is true. I think the Lincoln Aviator has duals but they exit below the tips instead of the duals that show out behind the bumper for this very reason.

The primary reason that manufacturers have the exhaust exit downward prior to the actual exit of the SS exhaust tips is to prevent soot buildup on the SS tips. I'm pleased that the Expy has a traditional exhaust outlet with no SS tip. On prior vehicles, I'd have to polish those SS tips fairly frequently to keep them looking decent from all the soot buildup, water stains, etc.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Its not a true dual. It's 2 to one, then 1 back to 2. Dead weight. In some cases a single exhaust, makes more torque.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not a true dual. It's 2 to one, then 1 back to 2. Dead weight. In some cases a single exhaust, makes more torque.
Yep and everyone is right about which way produces more.

Even the H pipes create more in some areas that straight true duals but I think IF you had the ability to test all different sizes of pipes and mufflers you could out perform h pipes and 2-1-2 systems. I know you could in some rpm ranges.

The problem with comparison on what is available is that you can compare h pipe or 1.5 inch duals only. Many cars cant have 2 1/4 like we used to put on them.