Diesel Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s looking like in 3 years we will have more dems hell bent on killing our vehicles off in office. This president has put everyone against him and won’t be re elected, wish the republicans had a better candidate, I voted for him but he’s a train wreck. Unfortunately his victory is what hurts the republicans in the end because had we elected a better candidate we could have gotten 8 solid years and less party related stigma.
Not to go political, but there are a lot of people who are very happy that he is keeping his campaign promises. Only the Lame Stream media is doing its best to belittle him at every turn. I don't see any problem with him getting reelected, but that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think there will be a diesel option in the new generation Expy like the one going into the F150 next year? thanks

Nope. Never. Ford has already said that their strategy is electrification, going hybrid, then electric when the technology is ready. Look for a hybrid Expy/Navi next! That'll be interesting...it sounds weird now, probably the same as when they said they were going from a V8 to a V6 turbo, but hey, its the future.

REPORT: 2020 FORD EXPEDITION AND LINCOLN NAVIGATOR TO ADD A HYBRID MODEL IN 2019
http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/08/rep...coln-navigator-to-add-a-hybrid-model-in-2019/

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Never. Ford has already said that their strategy is electrification, going hybrid, then electric when the technology is ready. Look for a hybrid Expy/Navi next! That'll be interesting...it sounds weird now, probably the same as when they said they were going from a V8 to a V6 turbo, but hey, its the future.

REPORT: 2020 FORD EXPEDITION AND LINCOLN NAVIGATOR TO ADD A HYBRID MODEL IN 2019
http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/08/rep...coln-navigator-to-add-a-hybrid-model-in-2019/
The problem is the hybrid will be twice the cost of the gas only model.

Kevink109

Reaction score

I am probably one of the few that is looking forward to this option. I just had my fusion energy in the body shop- someone mildly rear ended me- the guy at the shop has the fusion w/ the 2.0 ecoboost. He drove my energi and he thought it had more power than his 2 liter turbo four- the reason is all that electric motor torque. As long as I get my 3.5 turbo plus some electric assist off the line- I think this would be awesome- especially if I can get 30 miles of all electric range and a plug in option. The kids can get their free ride back and forth from school w/ no dinojuice motor. And when you really want to get on it that extra torque at zero RPMs is addictive. Based on my energi the only downside is weight and batteries take up space

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am probably one of the few that is looking forward to this option. I just had my fusion energy in the body shop- someone mildly rear ended me- the guy at the shop has the fusion w/ the 2.0 ecoboost. He drove my energi and he thought it had more power than his 2 liter turbo four- the reason is all that electric motor torque. As long as I get my 3.5 turbo plus some electric assist off the line- I think this would be awesome- especially if I can get 30 miles of all electric range and a plug in option. The kids can get their free ride back and forth from school w/ no dinojuice motor. And when you really want to get on it that extra torque at zero RPMs is addictive. Based on my energi the only downside is weight and batteries take up space

Yup, I’m looking forward to some electric love for my engine too. In addition to the benefits you mentioned, having an electric system (hybrid or plugin hybrid) extends the life of the gas motor as it gives that motor a lot of rest breaks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, I’m looking forward to some electric love for my engine too. In addition to the benefits you mentioned, having an electric system (hybrid or plugin hybrid) extends the life of the gas motor as it gives that motor a lot of rest breaks. [emoji4]

It does but as with most things, there is a trade off, just one more thing to wear and eventually go bad.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also extends the breaks by a factor of 2-3 times. You almost never use brake pads because when you hit the brakes the hybrid regeneration kicks in and slows the vehicle.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would rather replace brake pads than parts for hybrid power regeneration!!! I imagine pads are cheaper!!!