Direct Wire for Valentine1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

Reaction score
I'm picking up our new Platinum (Blue/Med Soft Ceramic) on Friday. The first order of business for me is to get the Valentine1 direct wired. On our current Sequoia, I was able to find a 12V switched source up top under the panel with the sunroof controls. Can anyone tell me if there's a switched 12V source in the same area on the Expedition and potentially which wire I need to find? Any tricks to pulling the panel out? Or alternatively, if anyone wired up in another area I'd like to hear that as well.

BFD350

Reaction score
I ran mine to the fuse panel, tucked the wiring under the headliner and pillar. Found a fuse that works with the ignition and used an “add a fuse” rather than splicing to factory wiring.

Note you will need a BOB or brown out booster. That deals with the voltage changes when the auto stop/start restarts the vehicle. Without it the V1 will reboot at every stoplight.

I don’t remember which fuse, will look later and add that info.

2018 Expedition Platinum
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran mine to the fuse panel, tucked the wiring under the headliner and pillar. Found a fuse that works with the ignition and used an “add a fuse” rather than splicing to factory wiring.

Note you will need a BOB or brown out booster. That deals with the voltage changes when the auto stop/start restarts the vehicle. Without it the V1 will reboot at every stoplight.

I don’t remember which fuse, will look later and add that info.

2018 Expedition Platinum
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatd be really helpful. I need one for a DVD player and last time I had a few mi utes for the project I still wasn’t able to find one that had switched 12 volts. Got a micro 3 fuse tap to try those but haven’t gotten around to it. Worthless audio shop didn’t get this right and the dealer that arranged it is 600 miles away. So no help there.