Disappointed 22 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Q7 stiff drive ,space and even road refinement are not comparable.

We had a 18 blue prestige. It feels sporty and has a great chassis.

Great car do not take me wrong - however myself and my wife rather prefer our Expy Max in every single sense, specially for long trips.

I agree, a friend has a newer Q7. Very nice vehicle but it's much too "sporty" for family comfort. Even the wife's unibody JGC is not as comfortable as the large body on frame Expedition for long trips.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the road noise is worse than the 20 platinum. On the 22 the seats they have 4 different massage options with each having three intensity levels. So when you use the seat button, it will default to your last massage setting but will put the seat adjustments on the whole 15” screen (except the temperature controls) until you to touch the top left of the screen. The seats will stay on until you push the side button, but then the seat screen comes up again and will not turn off until you touch the top left. So even with a route planned in the navigation the seat mode stays on until turned off.

The seat massage noise is so loud that you have to have the music turned up or it’s very overwhelming compared to my 18 navigator and 20 expedition platinum.

while using the adaptive cruise, the blu cruise will turn off and on constantly, depending on what road and lane you are in. This causes dinging noises coming on all the time. This is not caused by my hands not being on the wheel but what lane and road you are on. While the blu cruise is on I am always fighting the wheel all the time.. if I just let the truck center in the lane like it wants, it tells me to put my hands on the wheel, even though I am holding it lightly.

You could be driving on the main expressway for 15 miles it will tell you ‘Hands free” mode, which is great.. take your hands off the wheel and it might be good for a short distance, then it will turn off.

I think the tech has the potential but at this time, it is not tested enough to make it a smooth relaxing driving experience.
I was actually considering a 22, but THANK YOU! You told me all I needed to hear to keep my low mile 2018 that I love! I'd be so pissed if I had to do all that BS on that stupid screen and then the blu cruise worked like crap.....

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to a '22 Platinum from my '19 Platinum to take advantage of the BlueCruise.

According to Ford, "...true hands free driving on prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands-Free Blue Zones..."

Prequalified? I think I'll wait for a more intelligent system...

Jarf11106

Reaction score
Turn massage seats on or off have to go main screen and hit the expectation button to get out of it.. didn’t have to on 2020. Have to hit ok after you put seat belts on or that stays on in the dash for a few minutes. Why do I have to acknowledge I put my seat belt on??
Can't you hit the little round button on the seat turn the massaging seats on or off too? That's how it is on my Lincoln

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Can't you hit the little round button on the seat turn the massaging seats on or off too? That's how it is on my Lincoln
4th gen Expedition yes, the center button on the side of the seat (4way button) activates the last used massage settings and starts the timer.

22 owners or OP would need to see if that function still exists.
Btw what are the 22’s considered?
4.5 gen? 5thgen? Seems to be too similar and more of a refresh than a new generation.