DIY Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCS_express

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the information.

Yeah . . . it's been a long time since I owned an "American" car so I assumed everything would be standard. The 78 Bronco I had 20 years ago I don't think was metric, but it also wasn't completely stock either.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So will the Fumoto valve screw in without any issues even though the OEM drain plug is a plastic one?

The Fumoto valve only works if you have the aluminum oil pan. You must have an early production 2018 model if you still have the plastic oil pan and yellow plastic oil drain plug.

Luis Monjaras

Reaction score
The Fumoto valve only works if you have the aluminum oil pan. You must have an early production 2018 model if you still have the plastic oil pan and yellow plastic oil drain plug.

I have a 2019 Model. I was just looking at a video on You Tube for Oil change instructions. The person changing the oil had a 2018. I figured that all the 4th Gen Expedition came with this. I am glad that they don't if that is the case because i order the Fumoto part before i looked at the video on YT. LOL.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Model. I was just looking at a video on You Tube for Oil change instructions. The person changing the oil had a 2018. I figured that all the 4th Gen Expedition came with this. I am glad that they don't if that is the case because i order the Fumoto part before i looked at the video on YT. LOL.

You have the aluminum oil pan if you have a 2019 model, so the Fumoto will work. You may also want to evaluate Stahlbus and Valvomax drain valves to see what you prefer. I originally had a Fumoto and switched to Stahlbus since the Fumoto doesn't have a threaded cap to protect the drain port between oil changes.

Luis Monjaras

Reaction score
You have the aluminum oil pan if you have a 2019 model, so the Fumoto will work. You may also want to evaluate Stahlbus and Valvomax drain valves to see what you prefer. I originally had a Fumoto and switched to Stahlbus since the Fumoto doesn't have a threaded cap to protect the drain port between oil changes.

Thanks man!!

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did the thread diameter and pitch change for 2022? Valvomax shows M14-1.50?