How do we know if Dealers use synthetic engine oil indeed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't mind bringing my vehicle into dealerships for engine oil replacement service. But what if I pay for synthetic oil change service while dealers only provide synthetic blend oil (Ford factory recommendation) or even conventional oil? I am asking because I found a Dodge RAM dealership did this trick a couple of years ago. I caught them onsite when I saw the conventional oil code was printed on their work order.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to trust your dealer, just like any shop. Unless you want to pull a sample and have it tested.

My experience tells me I can put my trust on any reputable independent workshop or even Valvoline Instant Oil Change. It also tells me I have to adopt the rule of Presumption of Guilt on any dealership, unless they can prove otherwise later on.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't mind bringing my vehicle into dealerships for engine oil replacement service. But what if I pay for synthetic oil change service while dealers only provide synthetic blend oil (Ford factory recommendation) or even conventional oil? I am asking because I found a Dodge RAM dealership did this trick a couple of years ago. I caught them onsite when I saw the conventional oil code was printed on their work order.
I always use my dealer for oil changes and I always use full synthetic. If anything disastrous happens to my engine, I want the oil changes on record. If you have a reputable dealer, you will get what you asked/paid for. The itemized work order should show the oil part number of 5W30-QFS, if you're getting Motorcraft full synthetic

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the future, if you want to see if the store is trustworthy, buy the chemicals and watch the Tech do it. If they won't let you watch, than find another dealership.

You can also take a samples before and/or after the fact and send them to a company like Blackstone Labs to do an analysis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani