do i have the hd tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expeditionbuoy

Reaction score
Dealer is unsure if my 2010 Ford expedition limited has the HD tow package. i see theres a transmission oil cooler infront of the radiator and there is a 4pin and 7pin connector in the rear. im not sure if the radiator is the HD one or not. is there anything else i should look for to verify i have the HD tow package? other than the 7pin connector, oil cooler, and bigger radiator?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer is unsure if my 2010 Ford expedition limited has the HD tow package. i see theres a transmission oil cooler infront of the radiator and there is a 4pin and 7pin connector in the rear. im not sure if the radiator is the HD one or not. is there anything else i should look for to verify i have the HD tow package? other than the 7pin connector, oil cooler, and bigger radiator?

The dealer should be able to check the VIN and determine every option (and standard feature).

My 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 came standard with the HD towing package, which included the auxiliary transmission oil cooler, the four and seven pin connector, HD radiator, an electric brake controller, a HD tow hitch, and 3.73 ratio rear differential.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 09 Limited has both 4 and 7 pin with HD tow, 07 only has 4 pin without HD tow. Have to agree that dealer should be able to tell all options with vin.

vincentrose

Reaction score
My 2014 has the HD Tow PAckage, it has the 7 pin and 4 pin connecter, and the factory trailer brake controller located below the Climate Control panel.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 09 Limited has both 4 and 7 pin with HD tow, 07 only has 4 pin without HD tow. Have to agree that dealer should be able to tell all options with vin.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure HD package was standard on Limited models during that year.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The round "RV" trailer connector is part of HD Tow. You have it.
That is correct all for 3rd Gens, if it came from the factory with the 7 pin connector it is HD tow.
If the 7 pin connector was put on by a previous owner it might not be a HD tow.

CharlyG

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 has both connectors, but NOT HD Tow. There is no controller and I have the 3.31 gears.