Does the 2022 Expy Platinum come with Heads Up Display?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No EXPY does not have HUD.
What's funny though, is Ford calls the stupid red led bar a HUD. It was literally called that on my window sticker.

I'm curious if the HUD on these is like so many other systems, in that if you bought the module, are they prewired and ready to go? Not even sure if it's the same size as the led bar, or if like so many other vehicles you actually need a different windshield that reflects projection.

Emilner

Reaction score
Features wise, the bl doesn't add anything. It's just a (much) better interior you're paying for.
A Nav isn't fully loaded if it isn't a BL. Many things you buy in a car may not "add" something- an AMG appearance package is $6500 on an S class but it just changes the look, it doesn't add anything. Improving the appearance and quality of an interior adds something...

xraymd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I disagree. Are you saying no S class is fully loaded without the AMG appearance package? Can a 911 be “loaded” if it’s not an S or a cabriolet or a GT3 or a GT2?

A Black Label comes with upgraded interior packages, sure. But I don’t see how you need to have the upgraded interior to be considered “fully loaded.”

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bl isn't even offered in Canada, so a fully loaded reserved model would be what they can access. There's nothing a bl has that can't be had on the reserve, its all aesthetic. The main point I was trying to make for the op was if you wanted to get the same features in a nav while outfitting it like a loaded platty, theres a 10k difference. If you don't add all the features that come extra in the nav, that price difference is even less.

OP
OP
Y

ygfvdrrtffy

Reaction score
A fully loaded platinum is about $85k, a fully loaded nav is $95k, both shorts.
No. I fully loaded Navi is well north of $100k. A fully loaded Expy Plat for us is $80k with xplan and the $1000 rebate. If you know where to get a fully loaded 22 Navi for $95k, please let me know as I am buying that below A-plan price.

OP
OP
Y

ygfvdrrtffy

Reaction score
Odd to me that anyone would make that feature a requirement. One of our cars has it, and it loses its luster really fast. Could take it or leave it, and I don’t think I’d pay $20 for it, not to mention $20,000.
Well, I should have said that my wife wants the navi and I had her talked into a Expy Plat. When she test drove the navi, she loved the HUD as it also has navigation too. So, when I told her the Expy doesn't have it, that was a reason to pooh on that option.

oddly, my wife is the lowest maintenance person I know, but I guess she just likes that navi. Don't get me started on the 30 way massage seats.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No. I fully loaded Navi is well north of $100k. A fully loaded Expy Plat for us is $80k with xplan and the $1000 rebate. If you know where to get a fully loaded 22 Navi for $95k, please let me know as I am buying that below A-plan price.
Here you go, here's a nav for less than 95k and i included the lux pkg which nets you the 28 spk sound and 30 way seats as well as the massage 2nd row seats. I didn't add 4wd as I couldn't price an expy plat 4x4 at 80k. Options I didnt include were rear entertainment, and crossbars. I also didn't include extra cost paint or mono pkg. To include 4x4, mono pkg and res, it will crest 100k.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-092817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-092817_Chrome.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I should have said that my wife wants the navi and I had her talked into a Expy Plat. When she test drove the navi, she loved the HUD as it also has navigation too. So, when I told her the Expy doesn't have it, that was a reason to pooh on that option.

oddly, my wife is the lowest maintenance person I know, but I guess she just likes that navi. Don't get me started on the 30 way massage seats.
Ironically, we're the opposite. My wife wants the expy and I want the nav. Shes like, "we had the expy, I rele liked it, I can get the massage seats in it, no nav for us." I like the look of the nav though, and for the expy, you can't get bc in the stealth expy, which I rele liked the most, or ventilated 2nd row seats, which I rele wanted. I told her I didn't want move over 85k, and for my21 nav, I could've done that. But to get the features we both want in the 22 nav, it pushed it out my budget. I hear ventilated seats will become late available or my23 for expy, so I'm holding out now, which is fine since I can't get one till I move back to the states anyway.

Last edited: